SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Amateur Gunsmith (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49826)

Gottogo49 12-03-2013 11:15 AM

Amateur Gunsmith
 
Took the old smoke pole apart yesterday for a good cleaning.
Amazing how well it worked with marsh grass and feathers inside.
(Winchester 120 pump)
The wooden stock had a little play in it so I removed the recoil pad and the stock, cleaned it a little a screwed it back together nice and tight this time.
It seems to mount a little higher now.
Hope that I didn't mess up.
I was very blessed that I didn't banana peel the barrel the other week.
A grey duck came in nice and close, when I tried to shoot him but no big boom and I saw the shot slowly fly out the muzzle. Without thinking, I pumped that shell out and a new one in and killed the duck. That is not the best way to handle a misfire. Should have unloaded and checked the barrel for obstructions.
God sometimes protects the foolish.

Fishmaster19 12-03-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gottogo49 (Post 647679)
Took the old smoke pole apart yesterday for a good cleaning.
Amazing how well it worked with marsh grass and feathers inside.
(Winchester 120 pump)
The wooden stock had a little play in it so I removed the recoil pad and the stock, cleaned it a little a screwed it back together nice and tight this time.
It seems to mount a little higher now.
Hope that I didn't mess up.
I was very blessed that I didn't banana peel the barrel the other week.
A grey duck came in nice and close, when I tried to shoot him but no big boom and I saw the shot slowly fly out the muzzle. Without thinking, I pumped that shell out and a new one in and killed the duck. That is not the best way to handle a misfire. Should have unloaded and checked the barrel for obstructions.
God sometimes protects the foolish.

I had that happen one time shooting at snip but the wad never came out of the end of the barrel and without thinking I shot again and mushroomed my barrel on my extrema 2! somehow my semi-auto cycled that misfire. Fortunately I was able to cut the barrel down and have it rethreaded for a choke. I went from a 28" barrel plus a 2" choke to a 24" barrel plus a 1.5" choke...been shooting it like that for about 5 years now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted