SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   401K Money to Buy Stocks? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51104)

swamp snorkler 02-03-2014 04:45 PM

401K Money to Buy Stocks?
 
Say I wanted to buy 1,000 shares of WXYZ stock, can I roll money that I have in my 401k into a TD Ameritrade account and buy it?

bigl3456 02-03-2014 05:33 PM

Most of the time you can have brokerage link to your 401k


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Armand16 02-03-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 663450)
Say I wanted to buy 1,000 shares of WXYZ stock, can I roll money that I have in my 401k into a TD Ameritrade account and buy it?


If your over 59.5 you can do an in-service rollover. If not then it depends on your 401k but probably not.

swamp snorkler 02-04-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand16 (Post 663489)
If your over 59.5 you can do an in-service rollover. If not then it depends on your 401k but probably not.


I'm 36 so that's not happening.

I make oil 02-04-2014 08:54 AM

If you have money in a 401 from a company you no longer work at you can roll that money into a self directed IRA. If your talking about a current employers 401 then not very likely. All of the programs I've ever seen your limited that companies stock and whatever funds that are included in the program.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted