SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   V Bay 3-1 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51665)

wishin i was fishin 03-02-2014 08:33 PM

V Bay 3-1
 
Not many people at the landing, hit bayou michael, 2 reds on spinnerbait. Nothing in the pass, and canals off of shark bayou.

noticed they are installing what looks like an erosion control structure just south of mud point on the bay side.

speck-chaser 03-02-2014 10:07 PM

I saw that new structure last week too

Davewiseman 03-03-2014 07:44 AM

Thanks for the report, it saved me a trip.

Dogface 03-03-2014 08:05 AM

How was the water in Weeks bay? Tks

wishin i was fishin 03-03-2014 01:42 PM

water was buddy everywhere. wind was blowing hard!

daxt79 03-03-2014 03:12 PM

I was on the east side of the island, muddy everywhere we went as well. We were surprised to see there was only two trucks at the landing when we pulled up.

wishin i was fishin 03-03-2014 07:37 PM

I wanted to go east, did yall catch anything?

daxt79 03-03-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin (Post 669766)
I wanted to go east, did yall catch anything?

Nada, although we didn't put much effort in. I had the kids with me & just enjoyed a nice day on the water with them.

dwr353 03-05-2014 05:23 PM

Has anyone been by the new artificial reef off DA Pernt?

haoward 03-05-2014 05:31 PM

Are the crab moving yet ?

bgizzle 03-05-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwr353 (Post 670178)
Has anyone been by the new artificial reef off DA Pernt?

I've caught reds n trout on it. Not recently though


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

tim3516 03-05-2014 10:24 PM

They are gonna build several erosion control walls through several contractors and give them a test period. They will end up using the most successful one

jpeff31787 03-06-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3516 (Post 670240)
They are gonna build several erosion control walls through several contractors and give them a test period. They will end up using the most successful one

its about time! Those island have been disappearing extremely fast!

dwr353 03-06-2014 11:38 AM

Thanks

Montauk17 03-06-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 670306)
its about time! Those island have been disappearing extremely fast!

No doubt...thing is they were not islands years ago but solid land.

jpeff31787 03-06-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 670326)
No doubt...thing is they were not islands years ago but solid land.

I know man... I remember when there were just two little cuts between that strip of land.. might have been 3 cuts but you could maybe pass 2 boats through them at a time


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted