SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Batteries (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51844)

Josh C 03-11-2014 03:29 PM

Batteries
 
I have a 36 volt 101lb MK trolling motor and need to change the 3 batteries. I'm interested in what brand everyone uses.

Thanks.

Josh

meaux fishing 03-11-2014 03:39 PM

I just put 3 agms from batteries plus. It's a lot of money to put out but they have 5 year free replacement warranty

meaux fishing 03-11-2014 03:40 PM

I actually replaced them one at a time to spread the cost over a couple months

Josh C 03-11-2014 04:41 PM

I've looked at them, but the thought of spending over $800 on 4 batteries with the cranking one is hard swallow!!

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 671382)
I just put 3 agms from batteries plus. It's a lot of money to put out but they have 5 year free replacement warranty


Montauk17 03-11-2014 05:19 PM

I use interstate....going on 4 years with the same set.

rustyb 03-11-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 671396)
I use interstate....going on 4 years with the same set.

X2 4 yrs

BayBolt23 03-11-2014 05:34 PM

Interstate

jldsc 03-11-2014 05:57 PM

Interstate here also...4 different boats using them and no troubles and 2 in my truck.


Sent from an Apple Tree..

Visco 03-11-2014 07:38 PM

Interstate here as well, will never use anything else.

Natural Light Kid 03-11-2014 10:56 PM

Who carries interstate batteries around lake Charles?

kibb 03-11-2014 10:58 PM

Batteries
 
Most batteries in the US are made by Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls. They just put private labels for individual companies. Interstate is made by Johnson Controls the same company that makes Optima, Diehard, Duralast, and Everstart.

jldsc 03-12-2014 06:49 AM

Well get one made by Johnson Controls then!!!


Sent from an Apple Tree..

jpeff31787 03-12-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 671398)
X2 4 yrs

damn!! Idk what you guys are doing, but yall doing it right... 2.5 years tops on my interstates. I try to always keep them charged up, I use them every weekend too

kibb 03-12-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 671479)
damn!! Idk what you guys are doing, but yall doing it right... 2.5 years tops on my interstates. I try to always keep them charged up, I use them every weekend too


Charge them as soon as you get off the water, keep the cells full if it's a wet cell, and top of the charge before going fish.

pricecb 03-12-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kibb (Post 671463)
Most batteries in the US are made by Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls. They just put private labels for individual companies. Interstate is made by Johnson Controls the same company that makes Optima, Diehard, Duralast, and Everstart.

Even though they are made buy the same company doesn't mean each label is made to the same standard.
Lots of companies make products with different labels but not the same quality. It's about market share.

Goooh 03-12-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecb (Post 671485)
Even though they are made buy the same company doesn't mean each label is made to the same standard.

Lots of companies make products with different labels but not the same quality. It's about market share.


^^^^^^


This poll brought to you by Big League Chew bubble gum

jpeff31787 03-12-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kibb (Post 671480)
Charge them as soon as you get off the water, keep the cells full if it's a wet cell, and top of the charge before going fish.

I do all that lol. I'm just unlucky I guess

Josh C 03-12-2014 08:54 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I will go with Interstate.

Josh

Montauk17 03-12-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 671490)
I do all that lol. I'm just unlucky I guess

Not everyone fishes as much as you. :work:

jpeff31787 03-12-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 671518)
Not everyone fishes as much as you. :work:

In that case I am lucky :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted