SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BL in march advice. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52028)

juicegoose 03-18-2014 03:25 PM

BL in march advice.
 
We've had a camp on BL for the last couple seasons but always really struggle this time of year. I know that any area is dependent on bait activity and such but in general does this time of year call for fishing more on the South end of the lake? Are the back marshes like black lake any good this time of year? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm taking the wife and young one out and about and it sure would be nice to get into some fish. We have always just stuck around our normal spots, moss lake, LNG, turners

"W" 03-18-2014 03:45 PM

March is always tough, it's hit and miss and you better be on the fish when they turn on. Mostly fish banks and look for busting fish.

Trout should start moving up on reefs but they are not thick yet. You can go out one day and catch 50 trout then go 3 days of very few.

Winds play a big part of March and April as far as getting days in to fish

Cripley 03-18-2014 04:21 PM

Great advice W thanks

juicegoose 03-18-2014 04:24 PM

Thanks W for the advice. I just didnt want blindly be up north when i should be mid lake or down south.

"W" 03-18-2014 04:35 PM

Right now fish the winds, I caught fish just about everywhere on Lake this week

.north and south...

CAMP CANARD 03-18-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicegoose (Post 673375)
We've had a camp on BL for the last couple seasons but always really struggle this time of year. I know that any area is dependent on bait activity and such but in general does this time of year call for fishing more on the South end of the lake? Are the back marshes like black lake any good this time of year? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm taking the wife and young one out and about and it sure would be nice to get into some fish. We have always just stuck around our normal spots, moss lake, LNG, turners


Do you live in the Woodlands ?

juicegoose 03-18-2014 05:07 PM

Nope down in sugarland area.

CAMP CANARD 03-18-2014 05:12 PM

Where is your camp ?

juicegoose 03-18-2014 05:15 PM

Up in north end on west side of lake by intercostal

pricecb 03-18-2014 05:17 PM

I thought they all moved to Sabine?

CAMP CANARD 03-18-2014 05:20 PM

Oh ok. I thought you were my new neighbor in our gated community of " Joe Dugas estates" !!

juicegoose 03-18-2014 07:28 PM

Nope


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted