SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Layout blinds (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52632)

Fishmaster19 04-15-2014 07:29 PM

Layout blinds
 
What's the best layout blind to get for speck hunting? I kinda like the hunters specialties hitman and the cabelas northern flight ultimate has good reviews...

Vermillionaire 04-16-2014 09:05 AM

I bought an Avery Finisher two years back. It has a low profile but is a pain to set up. I've used a friends Cabelas layout, it was more comfortable and definitely easier to set up but had a larger profile.

Fishmaster19 04-16-2014 05:48 PM

Thanks vermillionaire! Anyone else have an opinion??

MarshRat89 04-17-2014 07:56 AM

Ground force is hard to beat for specs. I'm running FA eliminators right now and one cabelas interceptor. I been looking at upgrading though. They aren't the easiest blinds to shoot out of on your off hand side. I have been looking at the cabelas ultimate for months. I know a lot of outfitters that run the hit mans and love em. Early season hunting in the stubble can be wet and nasty. The untimate seems like the best fit



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm

Bson 04-17-2014 08:05 AM

I have a cableas ultimate. It works well for me, but it is the only layout I have hunted out of so I don't really have anything to compare it too. The only downside is if you have to walk in, it is like walking with a huge kite on your back.

MarshRat89 04-17-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bson (Post 681989)
I have a cableas ultimate. It works well for me, but it is the only layout I have hunted out of so I don't really have anything to compare it too. The only downside is if you have to walk in, it is like walking with a huge kite on your back.


They don't breakdown much I noticed. We haul our in with a 4 wheeler and a trailer behind.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm

cgoods17 04-17-2014 09:48 AM

the best blind is whatever you are comfortable with as long as you are hidden....

Vermillionaire 04-17-2014 11:31 AM

Whatever you get, don't forget to 'mud it up' before you take it hunting.

Gerenemo 04-18-2014 07:12 AM

Layout
 
I have 2 Final Approach. Easy to set up. Plenty of straps to place natural vegetation and screen type flaps ovet the face so you can see thru it. They seem to work well for me. But like the man said whatever you are comfortable with.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted