SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   P.I.G Pig Wings! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52964)

SigNate 04-27-2014 10:01 PM

P.I.G Pig Wings!
 
Well, last week(actually almost two weeks ago)I came across something about "Pig Wings". Of course I had to investigate this and decided to track some down and give 'em a try. Not an easy thing to find in itself for sale to the general public I used a source to get me some.
I decided that cole slaw and potato salad would be the perfect accompanimeor such a meal.
In between trimming hedges, cutting grass and general outdoor cleaning I managed to get some red new potatoes boiled for making potato salad until my wife got home to put the eggs to boil. When I had finally finished the yard work and taking a much needed shower I began making the potato salad and the dressing for the cole slaw.
I used some Crab Boil to season the potatoes for a nice and spicy salad.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03657.jpg
Potatoes, eggs, spicy Cherry Bomb pepper, green onion and jalapeno relish ready to be mixed up wih mayo, sour cream, and Scratchmo mustard.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03659.jpg
Done!
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03661.jpg
Excellent time to open a bottle of Monk's Tripel Ale!
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...e3905d0499.jpg
Homemade cole slaw dressing made! I' waited til it was almost time to eat to mix it with the cabbage.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03670.jpg
Homemade BBQ sauce was a perfect sauce for the Pig Wings.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03671.jpg
There can't be a better time than when grilling or BBQ'ing to have a nice cold beer.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03672.jpg
Sauced the pork and let it caramelize a bit before removing.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03675.jpg
Some Ghost Pickles went well with the meal.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...d623f5bfee.jpg
Served and it was a great meal. I really like the Pig Wings.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC03678.jpg

AubreyLaHaye458 04-27-2014 10:34 PM

That looks delicious! lol But are you gonna tell us what pig wings are now? please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SigNate 04-28-2014 08:09 AM

Pig Wings are a delicious and all natural product made from the shank- a single bone surrounded by lean, tender meat.
They are sort of like a hammier tasting rib.

slickfish 04-28-2014 10:13 AM

signate those pork shanks ar definitely a hot commodity if you can find them. I have a bbq joint here locally that has them an I have them order me an extra case every now an again. I prefer to cook them like you do but I put them on a flour tortilla right off the pit with cheese an guacamole. Either way those things are definitely something great.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted