SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cocodrie Trout fishing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54550)

Quackhead62 06-27-2014 03:29 PM

Cocodrie Trout fishing
 
I'm wondering what the trout bite has been looking like in Cocodrie? My Dad and I have a charter trip lined up for the Monday after the 4th of July.

Goooh 06-27-2014 04:27 PM

Down by the islands has been producing, and out around SS26. Hit or miss though with this crazy weather. Went yesterday and boated a few on reefs down by the islands, was out there for only a little bit. Wind was howling, my drifts were at 2 knots in a 24' boat!

If the weather cooperates y'all should smash em pretty good depending on who you're going out there with...

Quackhead62 06-27-2014 04:34 PM

I have been looking at the exteded weather forcast for that area for when I am going to be down there it looks like the weather is going to be a lot better than this week.

toolpush 06-28-2014 10:59 AM

We are headed down that way July 10-14. Rented a camp a few miles up the road from Robinson Canal. Never been there, hope we can do some good not knowing the area.

toolpush 06-28-2014 11:01 AM

Quackhead62, you live in Maurice too?

Quackhead62 06-28-2014 11:10 AM

Yea I sure do. I live on 343 headed towards Dyson

toolpush 06-28-2014 11:14 AM

My place is off Hwy 92 by Milton on Kirk road.

Quackhead62 06-28-2014 11:16 AM

I know about where your at

fullrutt 06-28-2014 08:38 PM

Trout is hot out by coon point and Mardi gras rigs.. We will be down there at our camp and fishing if you come down we will be cooking everynight come on by


Sent from the baddest GYM in La

Ragin_Cajun 06-30-2014 10:22 AM

Was out there last weekend too. The wind was crazy and the water wasn't any better. Had the family so we ended up on the beach for a bit and let them swim and play. Stayed inshore Sunday and chased the reds and went crabbing. Funny thing was my son caught a 19" Speck in Petit Calliou near Lake Boudreaux. She was full of eggs too

Quackhead62 06-30-2014 10:27 AM

The weather pattern is looking a lot better for the day we will be up there should be a good trip. Either way it will be better than being at work.

Cletus3173 07-01-2014 08:28 AM

A bad day of fishing is better than the best day at work.

Cletus3173 07-01-2014 08:37 AM

I am headed down there after the fourth. I have not been down there since the mid 90's when I ran work boats. Any info on where to launch, bait, or where to try would be greatly appreciated.

Quackhead62 07-01-2014 09:03 AM

I wish I could help u with that but I only go about once a year and it's with a charter capt

Goooh 07-01-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cletus3173 (Post 703618)
I am headed down there after the fourth. I have not been down there since the mid 90's when I ran work boats. Any info on where to launch, bait, or where to try would be greatly appreciated.


Live bait at Cecil Lapayrouse Grocery, it's on the way down and will be on your left a few miles before coco Marina. It's the coolest store I've seen...

I launch at coco Marina and stay there for a decent rate, you also get a covered slip under you room to keep your boat. Really convenient, protected, and spacious launches.

Cletus3173 07-01-2014 09:58 AM

Thanks for the info.

Ragin_Cajun 07-01-2014 10:10 AM

Try the Tracy Macy shrimp boat. Buying it on the water and usually around rock island. 985-855-6122 Call for coordinates of where they are. Can't miss them, they will have a bunch of boats around them!

calcutta37 07-01-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun (Post 703640)
Try the Tracy Macy shrimp boat. Buying it on the water and usually around rock island. 985-855-6122 Call for coordinates of where they are. Can't miss them, they will have a bunch of boats around them!

This. Can get live shrimp.

fullrutt 07-01-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun (Post 703640)
Try the Tracy Macy shrimp boat. Buying it on the water and usually around rock island. 985-855-6122 Call for coordinates of where they are. Can't miss them, they will have a bunch of boats around them!


Yes we get all Our croakers from Tracy Macy as well


Sent from the baddest GYM in La


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted