SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LDWF Email (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55293)

fishfighter 07-30-2014 04:52 PM

LDWF Email
 
any body else get this survey email from ldwf?




Dear Saltwater Angler:

On behalf of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, I invite you to participate in a survey of anglers who fished off the Louisiana coast. As the agency that oversees the state's fisheries, we would like to know the views of our angling public so we can better represent you at upcoming Gulf Council meetings.

The survey includes two questions about "sector separation", that is, the proposal to divide the red snapper recreational fishing sector into a charter boat sector and a private angler sector. Here is a link to the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...y_2biQwg_3d_3d

This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do not forward this message.

Your views on these issues are important to us. Your participation is voluntary and completely confidential. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Randy Pausina
Assistant Secretary
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries

Please note: If you do not wish to receive further emails about this poll, please click the link below, and you will be automatically removed from this mailing list.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/optout....y_2biQwg_3d_3d

fishfighter 07-30-2014 04:54 PM

looks like they will force this on us, question #2 shows that we WILL lose this battle, i skipped #2 and told them why

DeeCee 07-30-2014 05:01 PM

I emailed all the commissioners a couple of months ago with a concern. Only one cared enough to reply. They don't care what you think.

Top Dawg 07-30-2014 09:09 PM

I got it also

Feesherman 07-31-2014 05:07 AM

Same here

toodeep 07-31-2014 07:08 AM

me too

jchief 07-31-2014 07:09 AM

Me 3

meaux fishing 07-31-2014 07:19 AM

I think answering it is important, because ldwf can show the gulf council on Aug 18th that the whole state is opposed to it except the commercial fishing industry. I encourage everybody that can to go to Baton Rouge on the 18th. I plan to be there

BuckingFastard 07-31-2014 07:24 AM

i hope yall make a good showing for the public and make it certain that we dont want everything to be in benefit of commercial.

keakar 07-31-2014 11:30 AM

I never got one and all I see from your link is a blank page thanking me for already taking the survey so where is a valid link so I and anyone else looking to add their voices can take it.

meaux fishing 07-31-2014 01:35 PM

The survey is tied to your email address so only the people that receive it can take it.

keakar 07-31-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 710915)
The survey is tied to your email address so only the people that receive it can take it.

ok so its not a real survey and they only want certain preselected people to take part in it.

that's not a real survey that's a preselected opinion poll to control the outcome of the survey in the way they want it to be.

jchief 07-31-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keakar (Post 710918)
ok so its not a real survey and they only want certain preselected people to take part in it.

that's not a real survey that's a preselected opinion poll to control the outcome of the survey in the way they want it to be.

UHHH, not. This is how polls are done. Take a sample and get their opinions so it is not a biased poll

jchief 07-31-2014 01:56 PM

Check out the top to links.

http://www.joincca.org/

Not pushing join CCA, just where the links are on the email I got.

mr crab 07-31-2014 02:04 PM

I just took the survey and strongly opposed the splitting of the rec. share. I also did not answer the question about what % split I preferred (I feel like that was a trick question) If I strongly oppose a split, then there is no % that I prefer...duh

Ratdog 07-31-2014 05:19 PM

Me too got it.

Dogface 07-31-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 710924)
I just took the survey and strongly opposed the splitting of the rec. share. I also did not answer the question about what % split I preferred (I feel like that was a trick question) If I strongly oppose a split, then there is no % that I prefer...duh

I got it also and did this ^^^^^^^

Mako19 07-31-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 710965)
I got it also and did this ^^^^^^^

Same here.

Bakermanjr 08-01-2014 05:58 AM

I have been selected/appointed to the Advisory Committee that will determine where and how much comes out to allocate to charter fishermen. I strongly oppose the allocation coming out of the recreational side, and think it should be coming out of the commercial sector instead. The way I look at it, as do many other rec fishermen, is that a commercial boat is deemed one who is getting paid to fish, as are every charter boat in the Gulf, therefore the charter boats should be in the commercial sector.

We have our first meeting in Tampa at the end of September, these topics will be discussed amongst the Gulf Council and the advisory committee.

mr crab 08-01-2014 08:57 AM

Just when you think it can't get any worse than a 2 fish 9 day season.....boom. they try this shennanigans. It's ridiculous


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted