SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Duck Land for Sale SE Louisiana (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55856)

ronrobin225 08-26-2014 08:00 PM

Duck Land for Sale SE Louisiana

Duck land for sale in Hope Dale, LA. The land is located approximately 10mins from old Pips Place (public launch) or Dudenhefer's boat launch.

Sale is for an UNDIVIDED 1/35 share of 203 acres near the Twin Pipeline Canal west of Hopedale Lagoon. WHICH MEANS THERE ARE 10 OTHER OWNERS OF THE PROPERTY THAT ALL OWN AN UNDIVIDED INTEREST OF THE PROPERTY.

If purchased, any 'stake' or section of land that you would like to hunt/trap solely by yourself would need to be negotiated with the other owners. There are usually only 1-2 hunters on the entire property every year as the majority of the owners are elderly. Taxation would also need to be discussed with the other owners.

All owner's rights pass to purchaser and allow for full run of the ENTIRE 203 acres of the property. No guides will be provided.

Tons of ponds that can be accessed by outboard, mud boat, pirogue or air boat.

Examples of game taken on the property:
Grey Ducks, Green-Wing Teal, Blue Wing Teal, Pooldoo, Dogree, Widgeon, SpoonBill, Mallard, CanvasBack, Pintail and Wood Ducks. Rabbits, deer, wild boar, marsh hens, nutrea, muskrats and gators have also been taken on the property.

Prime red-fishing during the summer and winter months. Prime Speckle Trout fishing in Hopedale Lagoon and Lake Ameda during the winter months. BLAST and CAST... hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon!

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me via email or cell. (504) 247-5111

***SELLING FOR $100,000obo***

Land is described as such and can be verified with the Louisiana Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries: LOTS M AND N, Section 28, 29 and 33, Township 14 South, Range 15 East, Swift Tract; containing in the aggregate 202.2 acres - according to map of the property of the Delacroix Corporation in St. Bernard and Plaquemines Parishes, Louisiana, compiled from United States Govt. field notes and survey plats. (A map can be purchased from LDW&F or Tax Assessor's Office - LA TS 14S R15E; SEC:28,29,33; LOTS:M&N)

ronrobin225 08-26-2014 09:53 PM

and yes Mineral Rights also transfer with the sale...

Natural Light Kid 08-26-2014 10:14 PM

Basically 5.8 acres for $100k?

ronrobin225 08-26-2014 10:25 PM

No, it is 203 acres... hence an UNDIVIDED share.

Thanks,

ronrobin225 08-26-2014 10:59 PM

And this is a "township" not a lease. It has been in my family since 1932 and cannot be taken away. Purchasing allows for a full run of 203 acres to do what you please. ie. gas/oil survey, hunt, trap, gator tags, build a camp, etc. All other owners are elderly, do nothing with the land and would most likely sell their share also.

Thanks again.

DA COVE 08-27-2014 02:30 AM

Sale is for an UNDIVIDED 1/35 share of 203 acres near the Twin Pipeline Canal west of Hopedale Lagoon. WHICH MEANS THERE ARE 10 OTHER OWNERS OF THE PROPERTY THAT ALL OWN AN UNDIVIDED INTEREST OF THE PROPERTY.
A person would have to have that amount available, and if that's the case those people would probably be looking for a much better investment. I can't see any financial institution loaning out $17K+ Acre for undivided property. There are MUCH better investments out there for $100k.

redspeck82 08-27-2014 07:39 AM

This sounds so shady someone would have to be dumb to blow any money on this deal.

capt coonassty 08-27-2014 07:55 AM

Since this isn't in the for sale section and we can respond to this.

I'm guessing you would be the only person that's not apart of that family that owns the property. Pretty awkward situation. If you would want to do anything with the property you would have to get the other 34 owners to sign off on it. And to buy the rest of them out at your price it would cost 3.5 million. That's 17,241/acre

Goooh 08-27-2014 08:22 AM

Sounds like a great deal!

Where do I send my credit card number?

PotLikinisAhabbit 08-27-2014 08:43 AM

Can I pay with my social security number over the net?

meaux fishing 08-27-2014 09:35 AM

Do you take Louisiana Purchase?

ronrobin225 08-27-2014 09:58 AM

There are only 10 owners total. 1/35 is my share. They have been offered to buy out, none of them are interested in the land or a buy out. It is good see that there are still helpful, educated people in Louisiana. Thank you all for being of assistance.

meaux fishing 08-27-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronrobin225 (Post 716436)
There are only 10 owners total. 1/35 is my share. They have been offered to buy out, none of them are interested in the land or a buy out. It is good see that there are still helpful, educated people in Louisiana. Thank you all for being of assistance.

No problem.... We aim to please over here

redspeck82 08-27-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 716443)
No problem.... We aim to please over here

He sounded really pleased Haha. I would like to meet the "educated" person that really thinks this is a good purchase!

Smalls 08-27-2014 11:11 AM

Just curious, why the valuation at over $17k? That seems extremely high. Has there been any kind of exploration done previously? It just seems like something is missing here, because that seems awfully high.

meaux fishing 08-27-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 716450)
Just curious, why the valuation at over $17k? That seems extremely high. Has there been any kind of exploration done previously? It just seems like something is missing here, because that seems awfully high.

Probably because you can duck hunt on it...

Loneshark 08-27-2014 12:12 PM

The problem is the other owners control everything. They could disperse their shares amongst their children next week and suddenly you have 30 owners. Some of which may want to hunt the property. They could also decide to sell the property next week and you have no say in the transaction. I wish you Luck with the sale.

Goooh 08-27-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneshark (Post 716458)
The problem is the other owners control everything. They could disperse their shares amongst their children next week and suddenly you have 30 owners. Some of which may want to hunt the property. They could also decide to sell the property next week and you have no say in the transaction. I wish you Luck with the sale.

I'm sure all their grandchildren watch duck dynasty, that place will be slap covered in face paint and rooster tails in no time.

ronrobin225 08-27-2014 04:24 PM

It is an undivided share of 203 acres that would allow the share holder to do what he pleases on the entire acreage. ie. hunt, trap, gator farm, build a camp, etc. There has never been any natural gas or oil surveys done on the property. As a share holder, if you want to sell off your share of the land, legally it must be offered to the other share holders of the property first. So that does give you control over if it is sold or not.

redspeck82 08-27-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronrobin225 (Post 716510)
It is an undivided share of 203 acres that would allow the share holder to do what he pleases on the entire acreage. ie. hunt, trap, gator farm, build a camp, etc. There has never been any natural gas or oil surveys done on the property. As a share holder, if you want to sell off your share of the land, legally it must be offered to the other share holders of the property first. So that does give you control over if it is sold or not.

Your not helping this sell any. But sure is entertaining that you think this is a good deal. Sounds like this place has potential to set a record for the most blinds in one pond.