SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My IPilot is Pretty Awesome But.... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56624)

Marque 10-10-2014 02:58 AM

My IPilot is Pretty Awesome But....
 
Ok, so I bought a new boat and it has an I Pilot. I am pretty amazed with it for the most part but there are a few things that have me wondering. The anchor feature is invaluable but if you are in a strong current the motor will basically run non stop anywhere from half to full throttle. This puts some serious drain on the batteries. I have a 36 volt and after 2 to 3 hours the batteries are pretty much drained. This is my first 36 volt so I am not sure if I am asking too much of it or if I have bad batteries. To me it seems like it should have a little more juice than what it has but I due realize it is bucking some serious current holding a heavy boat in place. The batteries are interstates and look to be about a year old. If it is the batteries how do I tell if they are all bad or if its just one? Can you burn these things out running them hard? Anyone have any experience using the anchor feature in a strong current?

bgizzle 10-10-2014 04:24 AM

Clampy does . I had a 101 normal and I could push my 24' bay boat all day long in a stout wind and not kill the batteries. All my batteries were gel though. Idk if that makes a difference.


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

meaux fishing 10-10-2014 05:32 AM

Bad batteries. Might just be 1. I could run mine all day with regular batteries Now I have agms and I could probably fish in heavy current two days straight

wishin i was fishin 10-10-2014 08:34 AM

Been thinking about swapping mine out to AGM. Im having the same issues with interstates on my ipilot, 24v though. they are slowly loosing capacity. mine are starting year 3 so im due to replace after this season.

bayouchub 10-10-2014 08:46 AM

Your charger should tell you if batteries are bad and if only one or two which ones they are.

Clampy 10-10-2014 09:05 AM

I've anchor locked mine in strong current for a few hours with no problems.
It does awesome if the current or wind is constant in one direction. I don't use it much when it's calm.

smooth move 10-10-2014 02:16 PM

Turn your motor on and check eA cb one with a volt meter

Marque 10-10-2014 09:45 PM

Thanks guys. I probably just replace them all with AGM. Where's the best place to buy them?

jl8200 10-18-2014 10:11 PM

Ive been looking at Amazon and they have a great deal on on Optima D31 AGM battery for like 218. Everwhere else its about 250.00.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted