SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mature Buck (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56651)

Bucsb4does 10-11-2014 06:40 PM

Mature Buck
 
1 Attachment(s)
Do you guys think this is a Mature Buck should I just go ahead and Shoot it?
My Lease is Below Alexandria, LA

Crankbait36 10-11-2014 07:52 PM

Big body kind of looks like a 2 or 3 year old but hard to tell from the pic!

Gerald 10-11-2014 07:54 PM

It is your decision to shoot or not.

IMO, that looks to be a 2 1/2 year old Buck..... it might be 3 1/2.

Josh C 10-11-2014 08:05 PM

His legs are too long and his belly/chest is not sagging. That is not a mature buck.

nguidry 10-11-2014 08:21 PM

I would have to agree. Not a mature one. Would make good sausage though.

latravcha 10-11-2014 08:38 PM

Not a mature buck but the problem in that area is if you don't shoot it the next guy will.

jrdntboy09 10-11-2014 08:52 PM

2 1/2

mr crab 10-11-2014 09:31 PM

Youngster

mr crab 10-11-2014 09:32 PM

Let Him walk

Country Boy 10-12-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latravcha (Post 724173)
Not a mature buck but the problem in that area is if you don't shoot it the next guy will.

Same thing what I was thinking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MathGeek 10-12-2014 05:51 PM

Never been a believer in QDM on small scales. I'd take him home, but I'm more of a meat hunter. Brown + legal = freezer.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-12-2014 06:06 PM

Gravy buck


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucsb4does 10-12-2014 06:53 PM

I appreciate the Response Guys Thanks

DaPointIsDaBomb 10-12-2014 07:22 PM

Where I hunt is marsh and if that deer step out within 400 yards

30-06 is gonna put it down and its going on the wall baw

PotLikinisAhabbit 10-12-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 724268)
Where I hunt is marsh and if that deer step out within 400 yards

30-06 is gonna put it down and its going on the wall baw

Head shot can't eat the horns anyway

BuckingFastard 10-13-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotLikinisAhabbit (Post 724279)
Head shot can't eat the horns anyway

x2:work:

DaPointIsDaBomb 10-13-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucsb4does (Post 724153)
Do you guys think this is a Mature Buck should I just go ahead and Shoot it?
My Lease is Below Alexandria, LA

bad thing bout them trophy bucks like this one is that they all nocturnal first of the season. Brother in law got a 50 acre lease he got two bucks on camera at night. We ain't gonna see em during the day but we will let that tailgate drop and let them dawgs out they be moving ya heard

Mr T 10-13-2014 12:51 PM

actually coastal bucks are rutting NOW! I've seen bucks in the middle of the day the last several weeks with does. The season opens this weekend, now is the time for coastal deer.
By 'mature', I'd say 4 1/2 or older, no way that buck is that old.

speck-addict 10-13-2014 09:37 PM

2 1/2 year old Id say, has great potential, let him walk, he will make a mistake when he's 4.5 or 5.5 and when he does lay the smack down on him and you will have your self a Big Buck Down! that area has some great deer.

revspiggles 10-14-2014 10:49 AM

How is that a trophy buck? That is a young deer with a small basket. If he lives next year..then yes a trophy of some part...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted