SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ISO duck lease asap (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56725)

kmyers 10-15-2014 09:06 PM

ISO duck lease asap

Just lost my duck lease. Needing a place before the season. Have money in hand. Give me a call or txt 337-238-8016

B-Stealth 10-15-2014 10:21 PM

Duck Lease

How much $$$ saw a pretty good deal earlier, 300 acres for $18,000. :eek:

Someone had to acknowledge the Elephant in the room.

Good luck finding lease, I hope you find something.

redspeck82 10-16-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 724954)
How much $$$ saw a pretty good deal earlier, 300 acres for $18,000. :eek:

Someone had to acknowledge the Elephant in the room.

Good luck finding lease, I hope you find something.

With 3 blinds on it!

B-Stealth 10-16-2014 07:06 AM

Lease

Quote:

Originally Posted by redspeck82 (Post 724961)
With 3 blinds on it!

Look @ the upside, you only need 1 dog for all three blinds.

SULPHITE 10-16-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 724975)
Look @ the upside, you only need 1 dog for all three blinds.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Trust me someone will pay it...we all know the rest of the story...

BassYakR 10-16-2014 07:19 AM

Rich mans sport!

KrunchTime 10-16-2014 07:58 AM

Hey guys, I guess you are referring to my lease. 1 blind per 100 acres is actually very spread out. Up in whiteville they are putting 1 every 50 acres and charging 5-6k a blind. We hunted 7 on 555 acres last year with zero issues. I'm basically letting each of my blinds go for 5k (even though I paid 8k for them) and taking that extra 3k to pay the farmer for diesel, hrs prepping, buffaloing, keeping them up the whole season, etc. 5k for a blind in this area has pretty much become impossible to find. The going rate for a blind that actually kills birds is 10k and I've seen them going for up to 17k a blind. Just wanted to clarify. I agree, this has gotten pretty ridiculous. Nature of the beast I suppose. I've got about 6 groups interested but not showing it till next week but I feel pretty strongly at that price it should move pretty quickly.

specktator 10-16-2014 08:53 AM

I know some guys that pay $39,000 for 600 acres!!!!!

meaux fishing 10-16-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrunchTime (Post 724982)
Hey guys, I guess you are referring to my lease. 1 blind per 100 acres is actually very spread out. Up in whiteville they are putting 1 every 50 acres and charging 5-6k a blind. We hunted 7 on 555 acres last year with zero issues. I'm basically letting each of my blinds go for 5k (even though I paid 8k for them) and taking that extra 3k to pay the farmer for diesel, hrs prepping, buffaloing, keeping them up the whole season, etc. 5k for a blind in this area has pretty much become impossible to find. The going rate for a blind that actually kills birds is 10k and I've seen them going for up to 17k a blind. Just wanted to clarify. I agree, this has gotten pretty ridiculous. Nature of the beast I suppose. I've got about 6 groups interested but not showing it till next week but I feel pretty strongly at that price it should move pretty quickly.

So what youre saying is you are losing money and you wont kill any birds, just making sure I understand correctly?

Gottogo49 10-16-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 724978)
Rich mans sport!

Now you know why Sabine refuge is so popular.

Duck Butter 10-16-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrunchTime (Post 725004)
That is 100% correct. I'm dumping the blinds so I don't have 3 blinds sitting there unused and don't re capture any of my investment. Plenty of blinds going between 10-15k of the same area.

I don't think you understood the second part of Meaux's statement:work:

KrunchTime 10-16-2014 10:02 AM

I was making a general statement. Plenty blinds in same area going for 10-15k. I payed 8 a piece for mine and letting go for 5k. They are good blinds, good area, good price. They will be leased by the 20th I do believe as I have tons of interest. Sorry for over generalized statement. Point I was trying to make is unfortunately these days, to get a blind that actually produces...you have to pay a premium.

BassYakR 10-16-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gottogo49 (Post 724997)
Now you know why Sabine refuge is so popular.

YEP

simplepeddler 10-16-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrunchTime (Post 725016)
I was making a general statement. Plenty blinds in same area going for 10-15k. I payed 8 a piece for mine and letting go for 5k. They are good blinds, good area, good price. They will be leased by the 20th I do believe as I have tons of interest. Sorry for over generalized statement. Point I was trying to make is unfortunately these days, to get a blind that actually produces...you have to pay a premium.

Problem is.....the premium is garanteed and the producing is not

cmcnabb 10-16-2014 08:02 PM

Show me a blind where producing is guaranteed

Big Hutch 10-16-2014 09:41 PM

I'm just curious. The elephant in the room is why would you lose money on the blinds? Why wouldn't you charge enough to get all your money back? You should have no problem leasing the blinds if they are good blinds.

Just random thoughts
Robbie aka Big Hutch

KrunchTime 10-17-2014 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Hutch (Post 725135)
I'm just curious. The elephant in the room is why would you lose money on the blinds? Why wouldn't you charge enough to get all your money back? You should have no problem leasing the blinds if they are good blinds.

Just random thoughts
Robbie aka Big Hutch

Mainly because it's so late in the game. And I've already got to wax plenty 6 birds a man teal limits for 3 weeks which the new tenant will have missed out on. I just wanted to get some of my money back and not risk them sitting there when we can't even really hunt all that. I'll be holding on to one blind there because I know it'll be good. As of now, payment pending, all blinds are spoken for.

Dogdoc21 10-17-2014 09:00 AM

I have to agree with Big Hutch and KrunchTime. Spending that kind of money on a 300 acre farm with 3 blinds is obviously not justifiable to everyone, especially not most individuals including myself, but there are a lot of corporations in need of places to entertain clients as well as for tax purposes. And at the end of the day, bringing a major client and showing them a good time is more important than killing ducks in most cases.

If I had to guess, Krunchtime is leasing his farm through/for a large corporation and is just trying to recoup a small amount of the investment to help pay the secondary costs. His return on investment from client goodwill could potentially pay off his lease before the end of the first split...making the thought of losing a percentage of what he paid a little easier to swallow.

Again, it's all about perspective. Hobbies are hobbies and business is business. And for the lucky few, Hobbies can be business and the other way around.

Just my 2 cents,
Patrick