SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brightside Drive Neighborhood in BR (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57538)

MathGeek 12-06-2014 07:02 PM

Brightside Drive Neighborhood in BR
 
We're starting to think of relocating to the Brightside Drive neighborhood of BR to be closer to LSU. On the surface, it looks like one of the better neighborhoods with a quick commute to LSU. Am I missing something? Are there crime issues or constant college partying throughout the neighborhood?

fishinpox 12-06-2014 07:07 PM

College kids galore ,

Marque 12-06-2014 07:36 PM

My brother lived there when he was at LSU. There's never a party too far away. One of his roommates got drunk at Fred's or somewhere and started waling home. He started cutting through peoples yards. Got lost. Jumped a fence into someones back yard and got attacked by a dog. Jumped in the peoples swimming pool to get away from the dog. Ended up staying in the pool til the next morning when the guy came out to feed his dog. That was a Tuesday night. I can't tell the weekend stories on the internet. If I moved there it would be as close to the river as possible.

Ilovestohunt 12-06-2014 08:08 PM

I believe that's where my son and a couple of his fraternity brothers live


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southLA 12-06-2014 08:11 PM

I am currently at LSU. It really depends what neighborhood it is. Closer to River Road the better. Several of my college professors, including my major professor, live in one of the subdivisions. Some are solely college kids. You'll be able to tell by driving through. overall, its an okay area if you're away from Alvin Dark.

Best of luck.

edit: if you are going to lsu, live as close as possible. I live a mile less from campus in a very nice place, pay the same or less than anyone near LSU, and bike to school/work everyday

jkcckc2002 12-07-2014 12:11 PM

Nice places in the subdivisions. My aunt lives there for years in the second one from the levee. Pretty quiet there. They some times have deer in the yards in that one.

southLA 12-07-2014 12:22 PM

I think it's called RiverBend, correct? maybe not

capt coonassty 12-08-2014 08:12 AM

The only problem is the traffic light on the corner of Lee/Brightside and Nicholson. Dealing with that light can add 30 minutes to a 15 minute drive. From that neighborhood you could easily take river road. But by far I see the most amount of crackhead driving every time I take river road.

latravcha 12-08-2014 12:14 PM

We own condo's at U-View off of East Boyd. Every time I go to make repairs it is a party in that area.
I have a aunt that lives is the River bend area. Very nice subdivision and quiet. Lots of HOA rules.

LPfishnTIM 12-08-2014 10:45 PM

I clean carpet all around baton rouge, I'm on brightside and around tigerland all the time. I'd stay away from tigerland. I wouldn't live on highland too close to LSU either traffic gets bad. there are some nice neighborhoods off burbank closer to bluebonnet but away from gardere.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted