SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57634)

SigNate 12-11-2014 12:50 PM

Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin
 
This is half of a pork loin I picked up at Costco and I decided to stuff it with some boudin.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05560.jpg

I cut a pocket in such a way that there SHOULD be no boudin squeezing out of it as it cooks.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05562.jpg

Tied it up to keep everything intact and rubbed it done with sone Steens Cane Syrup.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05563.jpg

The inside did get a light dusting of Mad Hunky Hot Whang Rub and the outside got a nice rub down with my Gator Bite Rub.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05566.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05567.jpg

This will go on the Keg this afternoon for dinner. This is going to be tasty!

swamp snorkler 12-11-2014 01:17 PM

Hey Brah.......... I'll be in Metry dis afternoon.

calcutta37 12-11-2014 01:51 PM

He's back… That looks GOOD...

Duffy.yyz 12-11-2014 01:57 PM

Nice

meaux fishing 12-11-2014 02:01 PM

man that sounds amazing

BassYakR 12-11-2014 02:05 PM

I wanna see the finished product! Looks delish

SigNate 12-11-2014 08:18 PM

Alright, here we go....

Here's the pork loin just going on my Grill Grates in the old Keg.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05569.jpg

Ohhhh......., What is this? The cook's treat! A half of a link of boudin I didn't need for the pork loin. Mmmm............

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05570.jpg

Here it is at about 130 degrees and looking and smelling fantastic!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05572.jpg

Since it had boudin in it which is cooked anyway I let it go to 150*. Here it is after the finishing glaze of Steens Cane syrup, pepper jelly a lil butter and a lil water tio thin it out.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05575.jpg

Rested and sliced!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05580.jpg

Served with a lil drizzle of the glaze, my version of I guess what you'd call a potato latke, cheesy broccolli rice and garlic toast.
Mmmmmmmmm........!!!! This was a delicious flavorful meal!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05585.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC05587.jpg

Salty nurse 12-11-2014 08:28 PM

Looks good signate! Got my mouth watering

BayBolt23 12-11-2014 08:36 PM

Man o man I would smash that!!!

Bumfisherman 12-11-2014 10:06 PM

Very impressive! Looks much better that the pork chops I fried this evening

AubreyLaHaye458 12-11-2014 11:46 PM

That looks delicious!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampman46 12-12-2014 08:28 AM

Looks great. Did you ever have to turn it over-or just stayed put? I know you went to 150 deg but what temp did you cook it at?

SigNate 12-12-2014 11:00 AM

So you know what I'm talking about when I say I'm cooking or smoking something on my Keg here's what a Keg looks like.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...SED01_2011.jpg

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills/keg/keg-series.html
Awesome grill! You need or want a new grill check these out.

Alright, so I lit the Keg and let it get to about 250 degrees. No, I didn't flip it. I used my GrillGrates to act as a sort of difusser and keep the bottom from burning or drying out. The bottom of the pork loin came out fantastic btw. It was just a little bit charred but not burnt and was still juicy. The whole roast was great but if you were to want to pick on it I think the bottom would be the first part to go. Lol.....

So, I put it on at 250 degrees to pick up a lil smoke(you can see the pink in the sliced picture)and let it rise to 350 where I simply shut the bottom vent more and it stayed within 3 degrees of 350. Using my Maverick ET733 I wa able to stay inside cooking the rest of the dinner until the alarm went off and I went outside and took it off the Keg, brought it in and let it rest about 15-20 minutes and sliced it.

With the Keg(a kamado style cooker)heat basically cooks like a convection oven and you can see how well it cooked the top and sides without flipping it.

I love this grill more and more every time I use it!

swampman46 12-12-2014 12:24 PM

Very nice. I need to look into these. Are they comparable to the Egg?

SigNate 12-12-2014 12:45 PM

I think you can see them at HH Greg. It may seem high but for what it is you'll love it.

It's better than the Egg. An egg tips over, you start cursing and get the broom and dust pan and sweep up the million pieces. Keg falls over and you stand it back up and continue grilling/smoking. Not nearly as heavy! It's portable. You can get the hitch adapter and hook it up to your hitch and take it camping, tailgating even travel accross country.

Here's a picture of a few of the guys that brought their Kegs to Kegtoberfest 2014 in north Alabama.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...k/DSC05177.jpg

One of those guys came in from the Jack Daniels BBQ event in Lynchburg that weekend. He competes with his Kegs.

SigNate 12-14-2014 05:48 PM

The Kegs are on sale at amazon.com. Pretty good deal!

http://smile.amazon.com/Broil-King-B...=1418597173266

I know if somebody ordered one they would be back here posting in a flash how much they love it!

swampman46 12-14-2014 05:53 PM

$700+ Yikes! I can buy quite a few Old Smokies for that price!

SigNate 12-14-2014 06:48 PM

To each his own! They won't be a Keg though.

Matt G 12-14-2014 08:50 PM

Wrap that in bacon!

Ragin_Cajun 12-15-2014 10:06 AM

First class again my friend! Happy holidays!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted