SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black lake area private property map. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58867)

juicegoose 03-19-2015 08:31 AM

Black lake area private property map.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone with more local knowledge help out those that aren't from the area and point out the areas in black lake that are private property?
Here is a quick google screenshot for a map. Hopefully this will help people from getting yelled at by the boogy man.

marty f 03-19-2015 08:45 AM

Read this thread, I inquired about this a few weeks ago got a lot of answers

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...ighlight=ditch

juicegoose 03-19-2015 09:40 AM

Thanks Marty I was still trying to get a map together everyone could use though.

marshrunner757 03-19-2015 09:53 AM

Too much grey area in black lake. Nobody really knows or understands the boundaries.

juicegoose 03-19-2015 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Correct my mistakes guys. Everything East of saltditch(in yellow scribble) and everything north of levee's(yellow scribble) Is private.

Anything I'm missing on there.

marty f 03-19-2015 10:00 AM

I posted this pic in the other thread, this link will show you whats public and private http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/gi...TemplateID=381
Its interactive so you can pick points and will give you coordinates
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...lt%20ditch.png

BassYakR 03-19-2015 10:04 AM

I dunno never been... i dont care for redfishing.

ratherbefishing186 03-19-2015 11:03 AM

Juice, looks good to my knowledge. But don't hold me to it if you get a ticket!

juicegoose 03-19-2015 12:19 PM

hahah agreed. I tend to stay in saltditch if we go in there at all.

redchaserron 03-19-2015 01:32 PM

Where exactly the boundry between public and private lies depends a lot on how much that dude in the aluminum boat with the shotgun has been drinking. I've had him meet me almost in the middle of the freaking lake to tell me I was on private property.

marty f 03-19-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchaserron (Post 744897)
Where exactly the boundry between public and private lies depends a lot on how much that dude in the aluminum boat with the shotgun has been drinking. I've had him meet me almost in the middle of the freaking lake to tell me I was on private property.

good way to have someone defend themselves if they felt threatened by this shotgun wielding fool :eek:

marshrunner757 03-19-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchaserron (Post 744897)
Where exactly the boundry between public and private lies depends a lot on how much that dude in the aluminum boat with the shotgun has been drinking. I've had him meet me almost in the middle of the freaking lake to tell me I was on private property.

Yep, they were rediculous out there. Should be a little better as the former land owner sold to LNG. Thinking then drunken crabber no longer has any say. That being said, I do know that LNG make a public statement last year that trespassers would be prosecuted. Its just a big mess out there.

ThePinkBanana 03-20-2015 07:32 AM

The whole lake is private. Stay out of there, especially during low tides. You'll lose your whole lower unit.

jbert22 03-20-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty f (Post 744914)
good way to have someone defend themselves if they felt threatened by this shotgun wielding fool :eek:



hope he doesn't come across me or anybody else that open carries when im on public water. If you point a gun at me ima send lead to you. Black lake is not private property. It is full of obstructions though. If I owned marsh out there I would put up no trespassing signs. Im not sure why it isn't the law that land owners post signs. Seems silly to me.

pricecb 03-20-2015 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=jbert22;745102]hope he doesn't come across me or anybody else that open carries when im on public water. If you point a gun at me ima send lead to you. Black lake is not private property. It is full of obstructions though. If I owned marsh out there I would put up no trespassing signs. Im not sure why it isn't the law that land owners post signs. Seems silly to me.[/QUOTE

Probably the guys mission in life is to "protect the property" for the land owners. If someone gets killed they are going to throw somebody in jail forever. Better put that go pro or record if things get scetchy.

At one time it was law that property owner had to have posted signs within a certain distance. But people would just pull the signs, move them or say they didn't see them. As a property owner it was impossible. Now the law has changed. If you don't know where private property lines are you are at fault if caught trespassing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted