SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Soft Plastics for Redfish (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5972)

BottomOfTheBoot 12-11-2009 11:14 PM

Soft Plastics for Redfish

I've been reading up on Redfish quite a bit and just curious what you guys use.

Mainly all I use when trying to catch these spotted devils are gold spoons and safety pin spinner with jighead and small grub.

A couple of the sites I've been reading say to use soft plastics as swim baits or ones you can just bump/drag along the bottom.

Since I've never really done this, what soft plastics do you use for this technique?

Montauk17 12-11-2009 11:31 PM

I've caught several reds on a 4" hybrid flurry minnow...with and witout a spinner. It's hard to beat a gulp swimming mullet under a cork or on the bottom when the going gets tough.

fishmaster911 12-11-2009 11:34 PM

money minnow and bass trix swim baits r the bomb!

Jordan 12-11-2009 11:43 PM

Dead swimp. Works 100% of the time. Behind shrimp botes. That's my trick!!!

fishmaster911 12-11-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 90096)

:*****::*****::*****::*****: jordan u gotaa show me how u do that !

BottomOfTheBoot 12-11-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 90096)

haha...that seems to be the word on these streets!

Jordan 12-11-2009 11:52 PM

Fishmaster. Pm me ur number and I'll give u all da secrets. U too bottom..... I'll show u how I roll at ensco, shrimp botes and the weirs. No one else wanna fish with me cause I play dirty. Well ya know what? I won't be starving for fish..... Everyone else will :thefinger:

fishmaster911 12-11-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 90104)
Fishmaster. Pm me ur number and I'll give u all da secrets. U too bottom..... I'll show u how I roll at ensco, shrimp botes and the weirs. No one else wanna fish with me cause I play dirty. Well ya know what? I won't be starving for fish..... Everyone else will :thefinger:

thanks mooby!o yea now i will be able to put some fish in my freeza!

fishinpox 12-12-2009 12:05 AM

try ribbit frogs and flukes ol fritz20 is big into the jerkshad/fluke

Country Boy 12-12-2009 11:56 AM

molting gulp shrimp 3 inch works good also.

TTF FISHING 12-12-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BottomOfTheBoot (Post 90085)
I've been reading up on Redfish quite a bit and just curious what you guys use.

Mainly all I use when trying to catch these spotted devils are gold spoons and safety pin spinner with jighead and small grub.

A couple of the sites I've been reading say to use soft plastics as swim baits or ones you can just bump/drag along the bottom.

Since I've never really done this, what soft plastics do you use for this technique?

Try this website for tips www.texasweekendangler.com

WE(TTF)make the Red Killer and Killer Flats Minnow. Our Redfish Pro's and TTF Anglers have used these Soft Plastic Baits with great success on Redfish using standard and weedless jigheads, as well as spinners. Go to www.teamttf.com and you'll find tips using our baits. You can find video's on our Facebook page and on YouTube.

If you ever have questions about fishing, baits or picking up the ladies, just send us a PM or e-mail at info@texastacklefactory.com

BottomOfTheBoot 12-12-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTF FISHING (Post 90190)
Try this website for tips www.texasweekendangler.com

WE(TTF)make the Red Killer and Killer Flats Minnow. Our Redfish Pro's and TTF Anglers have used these Soft Plastic Baits with great success on Redfish using standard and weedless jigheads, as well as spinners. Go to www.teamttf.com and you'll find tips using our baits. You can find video's on our Facebook page and on YouTube.

If you ever have questions about fishing, baits or picking up the ladies, just send us a PM or e-mail at info@texastacklefactory.com

Honestly I've been looking hard at a few of yalls baits. I really like the weedless jigheads yall have. Pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.

TTF FISHING 12-12-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BottomOfTheBoot (Post 90211)
Honestly I've been looking hard at a few of yalls baits. I really like the weedless jigheads yall have. Pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks for considering TTF for your fishing needs.

Make sure you use the TTF weedless jig heads with smaller(thinner) plastics like the Killer Flats Minnow. They're not designed for thick plastic baits. We included a slot on the KFMXL "Big Mino" so feel free to use this jig head with that bait.

We are making a larger gap hook weedless jig head for the thick plastics very soon.

Best regards,

Team TTF

Ray 12-12-2009 01:39 PM

I have picked up a few Reds on reefs when fishing Trout with soft plastics.
Not targeted, they just hit anything when hungry.

BottomOfTheBoot 12-12-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTF FISHING (Post 90215)
Thanks for considering TTF for your fishing needs.

Make sure you use the TTF weedless jig heads with smaller(thinner) plastics like the Killer Flats Minnow. They're not designed for thick plastic baits. We included a slot on the KFMXL "Big Mino" so feel free to use this jig head with that bait.

We are making a larger gap hook weedless jig head for the thick plastics very soon.

Best regards,

Team TTF

I'm not sure if this is an obvious answer or not, but what do the 5/0 and 4/0 next to the different weedless jigheads mean?

"W" 12-12-2009 02:04 PM

Lots of good stuff on here also
http://www.marsh-works.com/btsp4.html

TTF FISHING 12-12-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BottomOfTheBoot (Post 90224)
I'm not sure if this is an obvious answer or not, but what do the 5/0 and 4/0 next to the different weedless jigheads mean?

Try
1/0 Smallest----19/0 Largest

This is the measurement system used on hooks so the angler will know the "Gap" distance between the hook point and shank.

Ray 12-12-2009 03:09 PM

Wouldn't 1 be smallest and 19/0 be largest?
Single digits are smaller than the ones with a /0 behind it.

reeltime 12-12-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 90216)
I have picked up a few Reds on reefs when fishing Trout with soft plastics.
Not targeted, they just hit anything when hungry.

i'll agree with that most of the time but a few weeks ago we were working some seagull on a pod of slot reds and the paddle tail plastic by far outperformed the old pearl glup.gofrigger....still a firm beliver reds will strike anything i've seen a few videos of them being caught on cherry tomatoes and carrots:grinpimp:

TTF FISHING 12-12-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 90250)
Wouldn't 1 be smallest and 19/0 be largest?
Single digits are smaller than the ones with a /0 behind it.

The smallest hook I know of is size 32 and largest is 19/0

Most Saltwater jig heads are 3/0-5/0.