SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Brush Piles- Toledo Bend (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59941)

Pull n Pray 05-23-2015 12:17 PM

Brush Piles- Toledo Bend
 
What type of areas and what depth do you look for when placing brush piles in Toledo Bend. My dad and I have been placing some trees in the same area for a few years and now we can't fish them because someone else is always fishing them. Its the same people who fish them everyday. So we need to find a new spot.

saute86 05-23-2015 12:34 PM

I would put them in the same area around the old ones. Put a bunch they can't fish them all. Do it while they are fishing your old ones. When they make a comment tell them you thought they needed a few more to fish. Then next time they are on one your piles pull up next to them and fish.

Elbert Chamblee 05-23-2015 01:41 PM

Brush Piles- Toledo Bend
 
Wait till they leave first . If you have a big boat try dragging a old or cheap anchor through the brush pile and scatter it or relocate it. Don't ask me how I know..... I try to put my brush piles in 20-30' of water on the edge of a creek channel. We were catching WP on the edges of main lake moss beds last week in 13-15' but it is slowing down.

Pull n Pray 05-23-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saute86 (Post 755675)
I would put them in the same area around the old ones. Put a bunch they can't fish them all. Do it while they are fishing your old ones. When they make a comment tell them you thought they needed a few more to fish. Then next time they are on one your piles pull up next to them and fish.

We have 4 separate piles in the same area. I think the word has gotten out over the years and the locals have been fishing them hard. They will even pull up right next us and fish the same pile. Next year we are cutting them off and trying to find a new area.

saute86 05-23-2015 05:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
With today's electronics no brush pile is safe. When I fish mine I never anchor and move anytime a boat comes along. I use a mini buoy made from 3 wine corks when fishing too.

Pop N Cork 05-25-2015 08:43 AM

Unless you have used the Side Imaging or Structure Scan equipment, you would be surprised and amazed at how easy it is to find brush piles and mark them on GPS. I record the bottom of the lake on a SD Card, take it home and study it on my laptop, then just point and click to set a waypoint in my boat electronics to use on my next trip out. It's like taking all the water out of the lake and looking at the bottom! And you would not believe how many brush piles have been placed in the popular lakes!! It's just not possible to hide them anymore. I put out many in different locations, especially in the lakes with no natural structure, and mine are usually occupied within a few weeks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crankbait36 05-25-2015 05:23 PM

I fished one on the south end of Toledo this morning that stretches over 5 acres along a creek on the main lake

Pop N Cork 05-26-2015 06:43 AM

If I have a spot I want to try and hide some structure, I build a structure out of PVC and sand paper the pipe so the Algae will stick to it. Most PVC is invisible to Sonar, Down Imaging and Side Imaging, but a group of fish around it will still show up.

C-Bass2mouth 05-26-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pop N Cork (Post 756019)
If I have a spot I want to try and hide some structure, I build a structure out of PVC and sand paper the pipe so the Algae will stick to it. Most PVC is invisible to Sonar, Down Imaging and Side Imaging, but a group of fish around it will still show up.

^^I read about this not too long ago. Put them out at night maybe? Maybe down a plain Jane stretch of bank that not many people fish. If there isn't any structure / cover near by, I would think this might be just as good as piling brush on an ideal spot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted