SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lowrance 7 Suggestions (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60056)

rustyb 05-31-2015 01:34 PM

Lowrance 7 Suggestions
 
I just sold my 740s Garmin. I want to purchase the HDS 7 because of the detailed maps available, I fish mostly shallow water so i think i would like the side scan. When I look at the different models I am not sure which one to get. Also, where is the best place to purchase one? Thanks

rardoin 06-01-2015 03:04 PM

I have the HDS 7 with sidescan. At 52 yrs I need to carry cheaters to seen the screen text. I fished with a guide with a HDS 12 this past weekend and if I had to do it over I would have at least gone with the 10" screen even if it meant choosing between having SS or the larger screen. In fact, I may have a 7 touchscreen up for sale soon:confused:.

Rat-Red 06-04-2015 01:00 PM

I have an HDS 7 Gen 2 Touch and love it but have to agree that a bigger screen would be nicer but it cost more. The different models get confusing but if you want the HDS 7 and fish shallow water & u want structurescan - then you want to get the bundle part #000-10778-001. It comes with two transducers...the 83/200 transducer and the LSS2 transducer (u need a separate transducer for structurescan). I bought mine online from www.thegpsstore.com $1,199 with a $300 mail in rebate, free shipping, no sales tax.

rustyb 06-04-2015 01:25 PM

Thanks. I just finished installing that exact unit. Now I just gotta figure it out.

wishin i was fishin 06-04-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 757542)
Thanks. I just finished installing that exact unit. Now I just gotta figure it out.

Let me know if you have any questions, I know the HDS inside and out.

can even hook ya up with a satellite map of the area if needed.

rustyb 06-04-2015 07:53 PM

I bought the la one chip from standard. Put it in today and it was awesome for one hour! now it doesn't read the chip, Im gonna call standard in the morning. Thanks so much


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted