SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tanning hides (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61977)

youmyboyblue 10-09-2015 10:47 PM

Tanning hides
 
Does anyone on here tan hides or make buckskins? I started as a hobby a few years back.
Very rewarding after much work. Killed a doe, tons of meat and converted the hide into buckskin(leather). With the buckskin I made a knife holder and soft gun carriable case.

fishinpox 10-10-2015 11:34 AM

Post some pics of the gun case, I have a ostrich skin I want to have made into a rifle case lined in Impala fur

youmyboyblue 10-10-2015 02:59 PM

knife/gun case
 
3 Attachment(s)
left some of the hide on the tip per my daughters request

pricecb 10-10-2015 07:10 PM

That is great. When I was in my teens I always wanted to learn how to do that.

youmyboyblue 10-10-2015 07:20 PM

I read a book and just went to learning on the fly.

rebelsportman 10-20-2015 10:12 AM

just remember that the ostrich is a skin and the deer was a hide. they take a little different work and tanning chemicals.

rebelsportman 10-20-2015 10:13 AM

that is a nice gun scabbard.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted