SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Duck survey missing the picture? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62644)

ahlangle 12-19-2015 01:03 PM

Duck survey missing the picture?

LDWF aerial duck survey reports do not mention anything other than SE, SW, and Catahoula Lake.
Why are they totally ignoring NW, NE Louisiana? Typically much larger concentrations of mallards up there, and a considerably large (huge) wintering ground for ducks and geese, but LDWF is not interested in that?

keakar 12-19-2015 02:40 PM

anytime they don't report something its because they are trying to hide something, must not be good news in those areas

Smalls 12-19-2015 02:50 PM

Do some research. They rarely, if ever, discuss those sections of the state because they do not fly those at the same time. They do not have transect lines established in northeast and Northwest Louisiana like they do on the coast either.

Pretty sure if you do a search on here, Larry has explained it. Probably more than once.

There is also a brief explanation of the survey methods on the website.

BTW, how do you count ducks through trees? Aren't most of the habitats in North Louisiana forested? Can't be easy from a plane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lreynolds 12-19-2015 04:02 PM

Go to the website and read the December 2015 aerial survey report, and you will see info from NE, NW, and the scaup survey. You have to read the COMMENTS section.

If you don't know where to find them: click on HUNTING, MIGRATORY AND WATERFOWL, PROGRAMS, and AERIAL WATERFOWL SURVEYS, and you will find plenty of reports with info on NE and NW LA.

ahlangle 12-19-2015 04:26 PM

Smalls: I'll get right on that. Also not much flooded timber up there anymore, mostly lakes, but as for counting ducks in trees, I don't know do some research.

Reynolds: thanks very much I'll find the December '15 report and comments.

Heck of a lot of ducks being killed in N. LA and almost no info out there on it sparked my questions.

Lreynolds 12-19-2015 04:37 PM

I don't mind your question at all, but why the BS implications with it? I've been flying NW and NE LA for 11 years, and LDWF was doing it long before I arrived. You clearly didn't read many survey reports before asking such a question.

Smalls 12-19-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahlangle (Post 782058)
Smalls: I'll get right on that. Also not much flooded timber up there anymore, mostly lakes, but as for counting ducks in trees, I don't know do some research.

Reynolds: thanks very much I'll find the December '15 report and comments.

Heck of a lot of ducks being killed in N. LA and almost no info out there on it sparked my questions.

Sarcasm, sheesh. Good to know that missed the mark.

B-Stealth 12-19-2015 05:36 PM

Some people are just ate up with the Dumbass

CajunSteelsetter 12-19-2015 06:00 PM

Haha yeah smalls and Larry enough of that scientific mumbojumbo. I never believe that crap that scientist say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smalls 12-19-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunSteelsetter (Post 782068)
Haha yeah smalls and Larry enough of that scientific mumbojumbo. I never believe that crap that scientist say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao, hey, nobody asked for commentary from the peanut gallery.

ahlangle 12-19-2015 06:32 PM

Tell me there's as much info out there on duck numbers in NW and NE LA as SW and SE LA. Fire when ready.

Lreynolds 12-19-2015 06:55 PM

Fire? That would be a waste of ammo.

Your original post was simply uninformed.

Smalls 12-19-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahlangle (Post 782073)
Tell me there's as much info out there on duck numbers in NW and NE LA as SW and SE LA. Fire when ready.

What are you complaining about? Half the write up is about North Louisiana, with plenty of information there. What, you need a nice little table laid out for you?

Tell me there are as many duck hunters in North Louisiana as coastal louisiana. Tell me there are as many ducks wintering in North Louisiana as in coastal louisiana.

I agree with Larry. Your first post was that there was no information. Now you are complaining about there not being enough. Why don't you outline how the surveys should be done so that they can provide enough information for you, since what is done now is insufficient for your taste.

I don't see that the information is lacking in anything considering it is an estimate of duck numbers and habitat conditions.

ahlangle 12-20-2015 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got to step out real quick and do my own survey but I'll get an outline to you first thing Monday morning.
And who is this Larry? I only knew of the one.

meaux fishing 12-20-2015 01:16 PM

I posted the report on one of the threads. He talked plenty about the northern part of the state

Smalls 12-20-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 782106)
I posted the report on one of the threads. He talked plenty about the northern part of the state

Not enough. Gotta give a life history of every duck in the northern part of the state. Complete genealogy of each one...you know, "who's ya mama" type stuff.

Dude asked who Larry is, but he's complaining about the reports? I get it now....he's a troll. Only explanation.

seachaser250 12-21-2015 09:21 AM

Troll is right.

This site is lucky to have someone like Mr. Reynolds posting and answering questions on a regular basis. I hope they ban the original poster for an extended period of time.

ahlangle 12-21-2015 10:53 AM

Everybody keep your shirts on. I was throwing a question out there about something I noticed and aggravated me. Maybe I didn't do enough homework or know enough about it but that's what forums are for man!
All of a sudden some of you took your shirts off and puffed up (electronically).
At that point, I could do the same but decided to try to lighten the mood a bit, which earns everything from "troll" tags to tar and feathering.
This is a forum, which is typically a place designed for rants. If I am wrong, or if what I said got under anyone's skin so bad that banning is the verdict, let er rip. If not, then cool let's all go get a wine cooler.

Pat Babaz 12-21-2015 11:36 AM

Ya'll cut ahlangle a little slack. He's defiantly not a troll. He's been a member here for over a year and looking thru his previous posts he seems like a pretty stand up guy. I don't think he was trying to start a fight with anybody :cheers:

seachaser250 12-21-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Babaz (Post 782175)
Ya'll cut ahlangle a little slack. He's defiantly not a troll. He's been a member here for over a year and looking thru his previous posts he seems like a pretty stand up guy. I don't think he was trying to start a fight with anybody :cheers:

Pretty obvious to me he was implying the duck survey wasn't complete/not doing a good job. If a person had actually read the reports that statement would be clearly false.