SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camping in the Basin (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63535)

RagingCajun 03-18-2016 02:47 PM

Camping in the Basin
 
I have been trying to find a map of the Atchafalaya Basin of some sort to be able to identify public/private land. Specifically in the Henderson and Butte la Rose area. I found a map by the Army Corps of Engineers for the Indian Bayou area and it says camping is prohibited.
Can anyone give me any insight on this? Also, I have a boat so I would like to find some spots up in da cut. :spineyes:

sugardad 03-18-2016 02:51 PM

**** Davis campground in butte la rose, has a launch too, can fish the butte la rose canal and Henderson.

TidewateR 03-18-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingCajun (Post 789946)
I have been trying to find a map of the Atchafalaya Basin of some sort to be able to identify public/private land. Specifically in the Henderson and Butte la Rose area. I found a map by the Army Corps of Engineers for the Indian Bayou area and it says camping is prohibited.
Can anyone give me any insight on this? Also, I have a boat so I would like to find some spots up in da cut. :spineyes:

Here's a link to see where the state own lands and water bottoms are located. Just zoom in on St. Martin Parish, and check off the State Lands/water bottoms layer. There is also a layer for a satellite image. You might be able to get away with camping in one of these state owned areas.
http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/gi...TemplateID=381

Also, if you're not already aware, there are 30 primitive camping areas throughout the basin. Heres a link
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?m...=home&pid=1105

let us know how it goes!

RagingCajun 03-19-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TidewateR (Post 789950)
Here's a link to see where the state own lands and water bottoms are located. Just zoom in on St. Martin Parish, and check off the State Lands/water bottoms layer. There is also a layer for a satellite image. You might be able to get away with camping in one of these state owned areas.
http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/gi...TemplateID=381

Also, if you're not already aware, there are 30 primitive camping areas throughout the basin. Heres a link
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?m...=home&pid=1105

let us know how it goes!


Thank you!!

sugardad 03-19-2016 11:06 AM

Sorry, didn't realize you were looking for primitive sites. Good luck!

MathGeek 03-19-2016 06:08 PM

Great info in these links. Thanks guys!

Gerald 03-19-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingCajun (Post 789946)
I have been trying to find a map of the Atchafalaya Basin of some sort to be able to identify public/private land. Specifically in the Henderson and Butte la Rose area. I found a map by the Army Corps of Engineers for the Indian Bayou area and it says camping is prohibited.
Can anyone give me any insight on this? Also, I have a boat so I would like to find some spots up in da cut. :spineyes:

Not quite the area you are looking at...... but

If you go down the Work cannel to where Kings ditch is, this area is state land. I have camped there and seen others camping there during hunting season.

One of those maps posted earlier showed a camping spot about 6 mile south of I-10 on the Pilot channel.

I think I remember that Cow Island is state land......can anyone confirm this? I forgot to check that when looking at that state land map.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted