SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sabine River 9/25/2016 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65562)

T-Boo 09-26-2016 09:27 AM

Sabine River 9/25/2016
 
Fished 7:20am-1pm with the wife.
Boated 11 bass total (her 3, me 8) and kept only two. Most were caught south of I-10 (including both of the keepers) using Texas-rigged worms.
Action slowed at around 11:30.
The only pic I took was of a rainbow over the Burnt-Out Bridge. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...123c4382fe.jpg
Also, a minor rant:
At the launch, there are two (2) signs that say "No Parking Past Signs" (or something like that). There is one posted prominently on each side of the road. At the dock, there are prominent signs that say "No Fishing/ Crabbing From Dock" (or something to that effect).
I find it interesting that the people who fish from the dock are also the ones who park behind the signs.
I could really care less if someone fishes or does whatever from the dock, but it's difficult to launch with vehicles parked there.
It caused a mild discussion between myself and another gentleman a few weeks ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marshrunner757 09-26-2016 09:40 AM

Good trip. Agree with the rant also. I have actually seen people with boat trailers parked there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

T-Boo 09-26-2016 12:41 PM

A friend of mine used to launch/ fish there a lot. Someone had parked their truck and trailer there in a haphazard fashion.
He and three other guys who couldn't launch gave this boater a creative dose of peaceful medicine.
They placed some very large tree branches both in front of and behind his rig. These tree parts were large and heavy enough to require quite a bit is strength to move.
I'm sure the driver heeded the sign's instructions the next time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajunduck man 09-26-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Boo (Post 807633)
Fished 7:20am-1pm with the wife.
Boated 11 bass total (her 3, me 8) and kept only two. Most were caught south of I-10 (including both of the keepers) using Texas-rigged worms.
Action slowed at around 11:30.
The only pic I took was of a rainbow over the Burnt-Out Bridge. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...123c4382fe.jpg
Also, a minor rant:
At the launch, there are two (2) signs that say "No Parking Past Signs" (or something like that). There is one posted prominently on each side of the road. At the dock, there are prominent signs that say "No Fishing/ Crabbing From Dock" (or something to that effect).
I find it interesting that the people who fish from the dock are also the ones who park behind the signs.
I could really care less if someone fishes or does whatever from the dock, but it's difficult to launch with vehicles parked there.
It caused a mild discussion between myself and another gentleman a few weeks ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just go to Orange and launch there. Good launches at the public launch across from the Burn Out Bridge Canal, or farther down a Lottie's.

Hydro 09-27-2016 05:31 PM

I've been launching @ the Fish Camp to avoid Burned out Bridge issues ... Nice catch by the way :D

cajunduck man 09-27-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 807814)
I've been launching @ the Fish Camp to avoid Burned out Bridge issues ... Nice catch by the way :D

Where is the Fish Camp?

Hydro 09-28-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunduck man (Post 807833)
Where is the Fish Camp?

Between 10 & the big launch in Orange.... White and blue building with a park and small ramp on the left after you exit the interstate.

cajunduck man 09-28-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 807927)
Between 10 & the big launch in Orange.... White and blue building with a park and small ramp on the left after you exit the interstate.

Thanks! I've passed in front of it numerous times and never paid much attention to it. I'll have to check it out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted