Thread: yo-yo'n
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
Don't mean to steal your thread but also we fish off a deep body of water and fish in about 4 feet of water. A creek runs thru the area, it is about 6-8 feet and it adjoins the river about 300 yards away which is about 25 to 40 feet deep. If you have stumps but no place to tie, get any type or rod and drive it into the stum. (rebar, or the frames from the flower arrangments after a funeral.) Bend it over and wa-la... you have something to tie to. Perch also will look for timber or roots. Catfish loves perch so they need protection. We also catch a few catfish which I don't mind, I likes the catfish, as long as they are cleaned right. NO RED MEAT! Thats what will make you get up from the table. Trim it off and cut the belly out. Unless it is an op, belly meat is good.

We mainly have one DEEP river channel, and cypress banks running along side of it. Plenty of cypress knees/tress, Guess i'll have to try the bend rebar and stick it in the bank or stump. Only thing I worry about is ppl stealing em. I try to cover the front halfway with moss, so it's not so obvious..Might consider painting em black and just tying a orange marker 3 trees down so i know its in the area