View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

It sends out an electronic alert to the coast guard it's location. The dry suit will protect you for about 4 hours from the water temp we have, and will keep the sharks away for about .08 seconds. The extra boat is not a bad idea and is located in the dry hold on the passenger side of my boat. If I can make it to my VHF radio and hit the panic button and the coast guard can get a reading on it, they will be come out there ...hopefully. That is why we are going in TWO boats IF the weather permits and the SEA CONDITIONS permit. We both know the limits of our boats and skill and we will not let a fish get in the way of safety. There is always another day as long as you let SAFETY be in charge. I do appreiciate everyones concern. Both of us has vessels designed for this type of travel as long as we use our experience. I also know that the weather and knowing what changes in the weather has a lot to do with a safe trip. If the seas are 3 ft or more and or is to be 3 to 4 foot later in the day, It will not happen. Can something happen, sure it can. you can only be prepared to best of your ability, file a float path with some one you know, and stick to the plan.
No I don't have a 150 foot crew boat to go out there in, but we are not going in 14 foot flatbottoms either.