View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
Decided to break in my new S/C columbia fishing shirt and S/C fishing towel. Sole intent was to catch a box of blue crabs; no problem 30 minutes after i got to favorite crabbing spot I had my limit of good medium crab's. I put them in my live well and started purging them.While that was going on decided to see if any red's in the area. A select chunk of personal bait shrimp and I was ready. First cast in parrelled the shell under water island . Didn't have time to put reel in clicker modeand there was a strike. Of course a nice keeper red . 4more later I remember my crab net's are still the water. Of course I aspected the bait to totally gone. I was surprised to find in all 6 drop net'sAt least 4 to 7 #1 blue crab's. I quickly rebaited and back in the water they went. Now since no one was around I returned the one's in the live well back to the water. Any other time there are boat's every where. Oh well that's it.There are plenty of crab' s behind the weir's.
Hope you are not crabbing in MY spot. I may have to make a trip to catch some. What did you use for bait.....chicken or fish?