View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Hairout People this day and age have No Clue

Boy This really pisses me off bad........... Someone contacted Law enforcement that a farmers cows were being neglected... Due to a few of his cows dieing!!!.......

Now if anyone knows a tenth about Cows and winter they would know how hard it is on the animal and farmer to keep them healty..Then with a winter like this where you have had 7 to 14 days in a row of temps never getting out of the 50's and lows in the 30's with snow to add..... There is only so much you can do to protect your animals in this weather!. We raised cows growing up and lost them to cold and hot weather but didn't mean we neglected them at all............. I would love to take some of these people who Bit&H and let them take care of a heard of cows in a winter like this.....

He is the story...Unreal

Farmer Suspected of Animal Neglect
A man in Saint Mary Parish could face criminal charges, after an investigation which is going on at his cattle farm.
The man in question is being investigated by the sheriff's office because of pictures of sickly, and dead animals, who some say fell victim to neglect.
While many of the animals on the property do appear healthy, others look sickly and skinny. But the property owner says he's everything he can to keep them healthy.
I'm doing everything humanly possible to take care of my stock. Dogs get fed, everything I own gets fed. I just got a reputation of doing that.
The Cattle Farmer tells us he's been in the business for more than 40 years, and says he's never seen a winter that's had such a devastating effect on his livestock.
"December, it just flooded and flooded, right now you see the water, and I don't know what else to do. He says some animals died from getting bogged down in the mud, but as for those lying lifeless in the photos, he says he did everything he could.
Sheriff David Naquin says the investigation will take some time, but it will determine if the farmer faces felony or misdemeanor charges or none at all