View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Just cut the noodles 12 inches long. Wrap duct tape around the noodle about 2 inches from one end. Then tie on about 20' of line around the middle of the tape.. I used the tared string. Then tie a weight to the other end. I use either old railroad spikes or a 3/4 inch bolt around 3 to 4 inches long. This allows you to wind up the string and stick the ancor in the hole of the noodle. Then I tie dropper loops in the string about 2 foot from top and bottom and 1 or 2 in the middle. I then make 18 inch leaders out of 40 lb leader material and put the hook on one end and a swivel with a clip on the other end. And clip the leader onto the loops in the string. The I roll it all up sticking the hooks into the tape around the noodle. When it comes time to use them I unroll the noodle to 2 to 3 feet more than the depth of the water and then loop the rest around the noodle so that it doesnt come off. Usually I have one of the hooks close to that lenght and just let that be my stopping point. I fish them in toledo for catfish in shallws that are neer drop offs that have alot of stumps around. I only do this there in the end of March and all of April. Then anytime we go camping I take them. You can also do the floating type if you are in a small lake. They are ones with no weights and normally shallow and only one hook. I know people that fish them in lakes up north for Sac A Lait.