View Single Post
  #47  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:30 PM
BananaTom's Avatar
BananaTom BananaTom is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 550
Cash: 1,174
Default

Then Ted Replied:

Oh that we could have "plucked" her up within the hour!

But, that was not to be. I'm not a quitter, nor too prideful. My mind has not stopped reviewing our options, until sleep finally takes over. The boat & what to do, mostly fills my days. The local news has warned that another 7' of water will be here by April 10. We go today, to enter by window & try to salvage things in the salon.

Then, Miss Merrybobber will sleep with the fishes for awhile.

Think of what your gracious offer compares to. A wedding reception or a funeral wake. Either way, at some point, everyone goes home & back to their lives. Then it's just us. Us & a floating hulk, and ALL that entails. For the resoans I've mentioned, "we" are not up to the task.

Nearly all, have HBs. Think about replacing, (after removing), everything. Controls, steering, wiring, breakers, switches, flooring, cabinets, trim, gauges, on & on. By the time WE did all this, the engine & genset, with all their thousand parts, would be the easy part.

In our circumstance, it all will be done from the skiff, while floating. All the while, mold & mildew would be our constant shadow. I respectfully ask that the true circumstance of COMPLETELY rebuilding be looked at in a true light of day.

Look at our new avitar. THAT was Mbs dream to begin with. But, NOoooo, I had to have the "adventure".

At some point, (now), I have to quit throwing good $, after bad, nor allow others to....., and rethink the dream. Mb's dream this time. It won't be a HB, as ya'll have, but maybe I can share our new endeavor with you, from time to time. Stmbtwly is right, we need a bit of time first, thanks.

Wish I could give everyone a hug!, Ted.
Reply With Quote