View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Ross, you may have a virus. Download malware (sp?) and run it. My desktop was doing something like that and I had a virus. I had let Norton expire for a month.
I run my malware software (MalwareBytes) along with Spybot Search & Destroy once a week and run my virus scanner every day because so much stuff comes through my computer on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
do a system restore to a week or two b4 you started having problems and download malwarebytes run it and see if that doesn't fix your problem.
I'm trying to stay as far away from a system restore as possible because I am constantly putting new software on my computer for work and really don't feel like having to re-download all that crap if I don't absolutely have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck25 View Post
Spybot Search and Destroy is a good one also
Yea, that's what I've been using for a couple years now.

I highly doubt that it is a virus because this only happens when I am connected wirelessly at my house. I wirelessly connect to the internet at work and everything works fine.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the wireless router since that's the only time I will have issues. Also, neither my Wii or my PS3 will connect to the wireless router so I'm thinking it has to be a setting in the router itself but I can't find what it is. I thought that maybe somebody would be pretty savvy in the router department and would know of a setting that would maybe cause something like this to happen.