View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Before i got my 08' Chevy Duramax 4x4, I had a 2004 Z71 Avalanche and a 2003 Chevy Z71, both 1/2 tons. They couldnt pull a boat worth a crap, or anything heavy for that matter. Burned a buttload of fuel and u could never set the cruise cause as soon as u got to the slightest incline the truck was screaming!

My Duramax is a beast. I dont even feel my boat back there, and my boston whaler is a tank! I could literally go 80mph, which i dont, if i wanted to. Only downfall is the new Chevy 3/4 tons only come with about a 25 gallon tank, even the diesels. So it takes me almost a tank from Lafayette to BL and back. But if I had a bigger tank it wouldn't be bad. My dad's partner has one just like mine and put a fuel tank/tool box in the back and fixed it to where it bleeds straight into his fuel tank, so he has about 75 gallons.

I never had a F-250. They were just always so plain compared to a GM vehicle IMO. But the 2011 Fords are pretty sweet. Im just a Chevy man. I will never go back to a 1/2 ton as long as I live.