View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 611

I dito raymond. I duck guided for 11 years/babysat older men that really didnt care if they killed a duck or not. I was prolly like you watching and looking all the time while they were too buisy on the phone and talkin busines to kill a duck. I actually shot prolly half or not more the birds on a daily basis. I always thought the most important thing in life was to hunt and fish. Well eduction is first and things will follow. I guided while in college and cont after college until it was no longer fun and never hunted with friends and family. It got real old after a while and it became a job. Remember that one day you may get burned out and need a second game plan. It may be your calling but plan well and get a education first. Just a note I did have serveral trips with great kids that shot their first mallard feet down and one that hyperventilated because ducks kept coming in over a frozen pond and he was the only one shooting for a hr solid and killed all our ducks. It was great, but far and few between man. I wanted to be a game warden but I spoke to one and he said that he as on water and woods 5 days a week and never around friends on opening weekends. He said that on his days off he played golf since he was tired of being in the outdoors. Killed that idea. Good luck