Thread: the deer
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,348

I goy the same email. Bow kill.

To all my hunter friends, some of you have requested these pictures and others I have not even had the chance to tell...I have just killed my biggest deer ever!!! Killed Oct. 5th with my bow, found Oct. 6th, scored 200 5/8 (by an unofficial scorer in Tensas). We had pictures of this deer on cameras and we always referred to him as the crazy horn deer, this week I renamed him the poison ivy buck. In order to be in the perfect spot, we set our ground blind up on a bed of poison ivy vines. And needless to say, I dropped my gloves in the vines and then my binoculars and then my release. Then, after my late afternoon shot, we spent about 15 minutes walking in nothing but poison ivy vines. This morning, we searched for about 2 hours, once again in a vineyard of poison ivy!!! We were just about to call it quits when I remembered my daddy always told me that a deer would go to a water if he was hurt. I knew where there was a pond nearby and left the others to check it out--and there he was, my best birthday present ever!