View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
So you think all 3 year old trout are the same length and weight? Ofcourse there not. Do you think a 30" 10lb trout that is close in age to a 15" 2lb trout have the exact same genetic makeup? Ofcourse they don't. Did you ever hear of natural selection and evolution? The very idea that all trout are the exact same is so flawed that it does not need to be proven wrong due to the fact it goes against the rules of nature. Nothing produced in nature is the exact same. Nothing produced in nature has the exact same potential. If you are in a group of anything that has to chase food to have something to eat, the fastest one in the group is going to get more to eat and have the potential to be bigger than the rest of the group. Thus when the fastest has offspring there is a high chance this trait will be passed on giving the offspring the potential to be faster and bigger than all the other offspring. This is the way nature works.

No...I'm not saying all trout are the same! I'm saying just because a trout grows to 10lbs does not mean he spawned from a 7lb trout are bigger! Fish adapt to habitat and estuary they live in! We have all the right things for a healthy trout system, does not mean because big trout are spawning with big trout! You male trout is only gets to 3 to 4lbs full grown (yes they have ones bigger ) I'm talking about over all! You big males are about 18inchs and fertilize the same as a 10inch trout! What makes a big trout big???? Surviving the elements! And having a great habit to live!