View Single Post
  #1  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Jordan's Avatar
Jordan Jordan is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DeRidder,LA
Posts: 10,399
Cash: 2,584
Default Advice (new boat)

Working on purchasing a new to me boat.

I have attached 2 pics of the boat.

Me and the girlfriend(Jackie) took a ride out to look at this boat yesterday. Its by no means pretty, but everything is functional. Its not set-up to my standards, but im going to work on that.

It comes with a lowrance fish/depth finder, and a 2007ish 40lb thrust minnkota trolling motor.

The boat is a 1993 16X54 duracraft with a 1993 40 Yamaha thats on a steering wheel. I am going to get a friend of mine to do a pressure test on the boat as soon as i can. The boat has crappy carpet and half of it has plywood on the floor and still needs a big piece to finish it. There is a softball sized dent on one side that has been re-welded (guy said that he bounced off a stump while idling to his fishing spot). There is also alot of scratches on both sides of the boat. Should I re-paint it or leave it as is ??

What im asking of you guys is the following:

Should I keep the carpet in it ?? (If not, should I Rhino line it) ?
What accessories should this boat "HAVE"?
Should I spend the extra $ and get seats? (the ones in it are in working condition, but could be replaced)
It comes with (2) life jackets, a throw, anchor and 40' of line.
Im going to have a few hundred dollars to put into this boat.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boat.jpg (103.4 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg boat 2.jpg (86.0 KB, 373 views)
Reply With Quote