View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 652
Default Duck hunting in Louisiana

Guys I am originally from Louisiana but I now live in Texas. Man do I miss Louisiana hunting. It is so hard to find places to hunt over here in Texas. Besides that the hunting style here is alot different. I have found that the duckhunters over here can't even blow a duck call. They have and carry them to their hunting spot but not one of them can call.

I went hunting on Lake Cooper this past season. I have never been on this lake. I got in a spot and there was two other groups close to me. Each group was over three hundred yards away. Both was using Mojo's in the spread. I threw out about a dozen blow decoys in a whole where we had to break ice. I pulled three groups of birds off these guys before the could get up good just because when they blew their duck calls it sounded like a dead duck on the water. It was crazy. I had never seen a duck act the way they did towards those guys it was pretty funny. Any ways I just wanted to express my love and desire for Louisiana Duck Hunting its the best thats all there is to it.