Thread: Texas limits
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
And trout 5lbs and over would decline in record numbers! Or that is my theory/opinion.
Its a joke... But Im saying most can not catch trout on plastic and live shrimp is their only savior...

but again......you have to know how to fish and what areas to fish and where to fish at times of the year.

I limit out 85% of the times i fish......last year I keep in my boat 3,045 trout. I tagged and released over 200 along with Chris who tagged about 200 of his tags

Most of the time when I keep fish it goes to who is with me

I fished 110 days in 2010 with adv trip of 27.2 trout per trip... ( I fish with 3 guys about 40% of the time) This does not count all trout let go or undersize just what went in the box for the day.

My data book goes back to 2002 when i started keeping a log,,,,,,, biggest year I had was 2006 after Rita...which I believe I keep around 3900 trout

My least year was 2005 867 but we had Rita and I was in a car accident which keep me off the water half a year....

Now from 2001 to 2005 I did not work 7 n 7 I worked 5-3 and 4-3 for all these years.......which meant lot less time on the water..but I could keep a bigger limit

I also show over and over that trout come back to the same spots at the same time of the year over and over...But It also shows that the numbers in those areas have declined in some and increased in others...

Once my data book is over 20 years old...Im going to get with someone and It might be Jody with LSU and let him use the data for his benefit.

I keep all details like tide, moon, wind, salinity, water temp, and locations