View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
and just how would you do that!?! LDWF would have laughed you out of the room. Talk about an enforcement nightmare. And where are you getting this info from?

W....you can go out and catch 25 trout 12-16 inchers or 24 inches and above. Can't keep anything 17"-23" That would go over really well.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...pecies/strout/

"Spotted seatrout reaches sexual maturity at one to two years. Most large spotted seatrout caught are females and commonly live to be nine or 10 years of age. Anglers long ago recognized that very large trout were usually female and appropriately called them "sow" trout. A female spotted seatrout may spawn several times during the season. Younger females may release 100,000 eggs and older, larger females may release a million eggs. Recent studies indicate that spotted seatrout spawn between dusk and dawn and usually within coastal bays, estuaries and lagoons. They prefer shallow grassy areas where eggs and larvae have some cover from predators."

Called a slot limit is all, don't see the humor of his post I guess

Slots suck, I hate em, don't bass fish anymore hardly because of the trophy fishermen and their trophy lakes and slot limits which has done nothing but turn bass fishing into a big business and if you keep a bass you are the devil. Lakes that once were good are now 'overmanaged' and have turned into a big garhole I like it when a bassfisherman sees me catch a bass while white perch fishing and throw it in the icechest!