View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
You are right.....the biologists said for it to have an impact, we'd have to go to 10 or lower.

You can thank BP, because without that oil spill, the whole state is prob at 10 right now. The powers that be didn't want to do that during the spill mess and risk the PR nightmare. But just my 2 cents, I think another change is coming. The numbers haven't been good for years, and this is state-wide.

I dont know if its hurt or helped but I dont see any improvement over all from the limit change..
But I do see a decrease in big trout being caught and if its a cycle it should come around and prove it self.
If the Biologist said it would not do any good unless you went to 10 trout then why go to 15 if we knew it would do no good??? Why change something that is not broke
Im a conservationist and believe you have to keep things in check. Limits are set to improve things and only thing I have improved is a faster limit

I would like someone to find the Shoot Out winners from where it started-2011 and lets see what the Top 5 trout from each year were,
I promise you see the same thing.....Decrease in trout size after the creel change..... This year had to be the worst weight of all them with a 5.96lb trout