Thread: Shotgun Opinion
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripinlips View Post
I am looking at getting a new shotgun for duck hunting. Two years ago I bought a cheap auto and wish I did not. I cannot afford the nicer good auto's so I decided to get a good pump. What do ya'll think of the Benelli Nova? Or what are other suggestions on pumps? Thanks
Pumps are great shotguns. They do jam sometimes but are easily fixed in the field. I have had great luck with the Browning BPS. I been carrying one around the marshes and rice fields for 15 years now, and NEVER had one lick of trouble with it.

The winchester 870 is also a great shotgut for the price. Very dependable shotguns.

Benelli Nova is a good gun from what i hear, but i dont really have enough experiance with one to give you information about it. I do have an over and under and an automatic and dont have any trouble with them.

If i were to ever buy another pump shotgun it would be a BPS, Mainly because im used to it and thats what I feel comfortable shooting.

If you are frustraited with autos because you got a cheap one, dont be, there are very dependable autos out there, like the beretta extrema and the extrema2 (a little pricey, but well worth it) I have one and its been thru hell and back and is still very dependable, even spent 2 nights under marsh humis.