View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,224
Default Texas Threads & Bashing

We need to put a stop to posting threads that appear to bash Texas and Texans. I know when I read a post on 2cool about "coona**" it gets my blood boiling. We have several great Texas members on this site and my family and I have met some great people in Texas. If we really want to grow our site, do we really want to all attack a city within 2 hours of the LA border that happens to have over 6,000,000 people? It's just not good for the site and it's unnecessary. Additionally Texans have had a great impact on Southwest Louisiana and that is not debatable. Any further "look at these Texans" type threads will be deleted and you may also receive an infraction. The exception to this is only for the gill net.

Lastly, last night there were two threads that got way out of hand regarding members bashing other members and bashing in general. Honestly several people could have been banned last night but because we (the mods) were away from our computers no infractions are being handed out at this time but they will in the future. We have a gill net section for anyone that wants to have an "internet fight", use it and keep the open forums clean.

Unfortunately several of our threads with useful information end up in the gill net because people take over the threads with their own agenda and destroy any sort of intelligent conversation that was taking place. Again, save if for the gill net.

Simply deleting post and not giving infractions to match the deletion is getting old and not getting us anywhere.