View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
With lodging and meals included, gonna be hard to find a good place to hunt for $300-450. Now you could stay in a hotel and then drive to the lodge for the hunts in the mornings and spend that. But bad thing about that is they gonna put you in the crappiest spot cause you not spending the money the other guys are. Had the same thing happen to me on an Arkansas hunt. They put us in a crappy spot without a guide (they just showed us how to get there) and we only shot like 3-4 woodies. We were going to hunt public land the rest of the trip, but I ended up finding a old guy in Clarendon, AR that owned some property and would let me and my buddies hunt for $50/gun. We didn't hammer them but had a very good trip. Shot mallards, specks, snows, woodies, and greys. Went back to same place following 2 years for like $450 for the whole trip. (3 hunts mornings and afternoons) Just stayed at a little motel in Clarendon. This was 5 years ago probably and the old man we hunted with was in bad shape. He prob isn't even living anymore.
Now that is what i am talking about. No chance he is still alive or would be willing to let four cajuns come hunt? We are not a crazy group and will pick up after our selves. I have found guided hunts (with lodgeing) anywhere from $275-$750 a morning. I am fine with the $300-$400 range, not the $750 range. Seems like Slicks is a popular choice, but wants $620/hunt. There are places like buckshot lodge at $500/hunt and Retriver Lodge also at $500/hunt. While places are a cheaper like Bayou Metro $400/hunt, Paradise Wings Lodge $250/hunt, Popa Duck $275/hunt, Honey Locust Lodge $300/hunt, Greenheads & Labs $350/hunt, and Faras Run (no lodgeing) $175/hunt. I just dont know which one is the best or if you get what you pay for.