Thread: NDT ??
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
Thanks man I do appreciate it and I will shoot you a email this evening...Im really just trying to make a livin right now...not looking to get rich fast and I am willing to learn as much as possible before I take the next step...just trying to decide what it's gonna be and I really have been leaning to the inspection side
I hear you man, i was in the exact same place as you 18 years ago and can not believe how fast time has gone by. I assure you, you get with a good inspection company and you will do fine, as someone posted above, once you get your experience and do your time you will be able to set you desired salary, especially if you travel. I wasn't trying at all to discourage you, was just letting you know that there really is no fast track program out there. I used to have a few NDE techs that I would work on turnarounds, they put their time in, they asked a ton of questions, they learned what to look for, they learned why it happened, they learned how to fix it and they learned how to write good reports. Two of them have recently passed their API 510's and both are currently doing very well out on the TA circuit.