View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Remington 870 Express Can't beat em in my opinion I like mine alot! But I like the Urika II semi auto as well but I use the Remington for hunting
I don't trust the new remington 870's as much as the older models. I bought my first 870 in 1990, and it lasted until 2004. I hunted right off of Intracoastal canal too. Salty

I bought a remington 870 Supermag in 07 and pitted the barrel the first year. Of course I shot a lot of steel out of it, but still.

I bought a Browning Maxus last year and hammered the ducks. No recoil to speak of and Light years better than a pump. It is also the lightest gun on the market. That being said, It started cutting up lately, not feeding shells right. I brought it back to the dealer yesterday and they said I should have it back by Thanksgiving at the latest

Edit:
The other poster that talked about the 870 Supermag kicking like a mule is right. Wayyyyy too much kick. Don't shoot more than 1.5 boxes of 3 1/2" without proper insulation, or a limb saver. 3 1/2" off of a bare shoulder will hurt and make you wince after a while.

That's okay, back to the 870 Remington Supermag until then.