Thread: duck blind
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
stay away from a dude named David Boudreaux he is from the Crowley/Rayne area
I've leased from David Boudreaux and I say he isn't that bad. I don't know where the misinformation comes from.

Boudreaux has about 6 leases anywhere from Morse to Thornwell. We killed geese last year and weren't all that displeased. If you can call and have a halfway decent setup you can kill specks.

In my mind if you are going to say someone is bad, that is okay and actually a good thing. Qualify your experience with a story though. Oh, and by the way, I am not David Boudreaux.

Ducktrickster,

I will keep my ears open. Honestly though, I am not sure there are a lot of really good leases for big duck season that close to Crowley. They all do well for teal season, but it dies down a little towards the big season. If you have a water hole and can let it sit for a couple of weeks at a time you will have ducks, but other than that I don't know. Geese are probably more consistent than ducks. If you hear of something the places that would be best in order, are : Anywhere next to Wright's enrichment plant (Southwest of Crowley), Morse (South-Southwest of Crowley) and Lyons Point, (South of Crowley).

edit:
Another real nice spot if you can get in on it is North of Crowley, about 5 miles. Mowata area. There is a little flight way there that does really well. Those guys were killing every kind of duck including Canvasbacks last year. It is very isolated though.