View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabulator View Post
well, dept of WLF called me this morning due to a post on the internet. I was told they are investing the matter and they want the video so they can watch it, they want see if any other violation were committed, but was told that the guy had every right to shoot the deer even though it was on my property... they just cant go retrieve the deer...BS, my reply was I dont care who owns the deer it does not give you the right to shot on your neighbors land with a high power rifle. I was told that this is also going to be looked at...I hope so I have friends who are state rep. and they also have received the complaint and they are working on this as well. From what I understand they are going to be charged with trespassing and more charges my follow, don't want to say what they are just yet, and a tagging volition as well...Keep kicking the ant pile till something happens!!!
Forgot to mention also that when all of our stuff happened that we were on the wrong land (by mistake), and 2 of my friends shot deer off this land, which come to find out is a felony charge & they were charged with that as well. It is referred to as "Killing whitetail deer without landowners consent". And if the landowner signs a nonconsent form stating they didn't give those persons permission to be on the land they can file charges and arrest them. We all received charges of "Criminal Trespassing with a Deadly Weapon"!

Now all this took place in Texas on land that I had never been on or heard about. We were shown where to go and told where to hunt. Don't know if Texas law is that different from Louisiana or not. Hopefully, this helps out.