Thread: It's November!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducedux View Post
Ducks are in some ways like corn. If you don't harvest your small crop this year it doesn't mean you will have a bumper crop next year. Nesting ground water and survival rate are what matters. If you don't have rain in the spring up north, you won't have many ducks in the fall. Also, if you have a 80 to 90 percent mortality rate you won't have many ducks. I think that the real problem in SWLA is the lack of crops being planted. When the rice fields started to turn into cow pasture the ducks slowly stopped staying in La. Alot of ducks still make it here every year but with nothing to keep em why should they stay? Would you keep going back to Mc Donalds if all they served was ice water? Without food in SWLA, the duck hunting will never be what it was in the 80's. But the most important thing is that if duck hunting is ever closed, anti hunters will NEVER let it open open back up. Just my thoughts.
I agree with everything you said....I'm just talking about a "best case scenario" where no one hunts them and they have an amazing year of breeding up north and the results of this "scenario" are the best hunting you could imagine.....would you then agree to do it?