View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
I had the same delima recently and it took alot of gonads to make the call to do it. Man, its the best thing that ever happend to us! Woke up Saturday morning to find deer tracks outside our back door, 15 yards!!!!! Literally, 15 yards from our back door, in between our skinning/storage shed and we have them all around the house! All of that for the same price I was paying in Winn Parish where they hunted dogs, from the roads, and basically made a nice place a shooting gallery if you had hair. I am not knocking it, I grew up hunting LA, I just find it more enjoyable to put my kids/wife in a position to see animals and harvest mature deer.

For me, I get my enjoyment by putting them on a stand, then going to the other side of the property to check pig traps, or feed a swamp area to shoot a pig. Until the rut starts, I find sitting in a box or tree boring. I ut everyone out this past Saturday and went cook and watch LSU, then went ride and pick them up. Then after the game, went bloodtrail a deer with my dog. That gets my blood pumping more than anything nowadays, so to each his own. Just remember, follow your heart on what you enjoy and it always works out. For me, that meant spending the time to research and find a spot - and the time/energy to MOVE!
I hear ya bro,when it all boils down to it it's all about enjoying gods wonderful creation. I am starting to get the same way. Rut has started on our property. Saw a mature buck chasing two does 200 yards down a pipeline friday morning but could not pick my gun up quick enough. Just seeing that buck chasing got my heart pumping! Gotta love it.