Thread: Reading Tides
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathonv View Post
Trying to figure out how the tides work at Big Lake and Cypremort Point. I see tides for Calc Pass Jetty and Calc Pass Lighthouse Wharf. Which one do you use. Also how do you use this for the North side of the lake like Turner's Bay. If high tide in the pass is at 12 noon, is high tide at Turner's "x" number of hours after that?

For Verm Bay i look at SW Pass, Cyp Point, and Weeks Bay. They don't seem to correlate at all. I would think tide predictions for SW Pass would affect tides at Cyp Point/Weeks but i don't see that in the charts.

I've been using rodnreel.com for tide charts or use noaa sometimes as well.

Thanks.
JV

Tide technology has come a long way from charts.... Using predicted charts is a thing of the past... Now you can use live tide reading for Big Lake and other places

Tides also travel on winds and currents when they apply to a day

Example

you can have tide rising at Jetties and still falling in turners for two more hours ... You can have up to a 1hour or 3 hour delay depending on winds and currents..

You can also have a hard incoming or outgoing which will wall the lake off to any movement.....

If you know how to read the tide reading you can plan your trips for times...... If I know in March that the fish are going to bite on incoming tides... don't go fishing until the tide starts coming in...and you can watch it from phone

Today your tide is moving faster and higher than normal so movement up north will be faster on income but slower on outgoing

http://www.tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov...type=Composite
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8768094_wi_24.jpg (54.6 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg 8768094_wl_24.jpg (59.7 KB, 319 views)