View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449
Default Rayburn and Angelina 1/7 & 1/8

Took the wife and kids up to the camp at Rayburn this weekend, Was able to fisdh for an hour on saturday during nap time. River is really muddy b/c they arent running any water thru the dam. caught 7 in about 30 minutes banging a crankbait off laydowns near an eddy. 5 of the 7 were keepers. On sunday i hit the lake with high hopes due to warm weather and an approaching front. The fog was brutal, with it being my first time on the lake since last spring i was nervous about the low water so i figured id just stay near the launch till fog lifted. Well it never did. I caught one short fish on a trap over the grass. Then after braving the dense fog i was draggin a football jig on a creek ledge and BOOM i lay into one and it feels like a Slaunch Donkey for sure. I played that thing for 5 minutes. Picture below. had to leave by 1 just as fog was lifting. Talked to some other guys and they had 3 dinks so i guess it was just a slow day. Water is super low but the grass is coming in fairly strong. Should be a good next couple months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg river bass.jpg (53.2 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg drum.jpg (46.1 KB, 143 views)